• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Two hours of sleep or just stay awake all night?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you suffer from any sort of adrenal issues or insomnia that affects your sleep? Sometimes I can't sleep at all and will wake up after just a few hours. I'm told it's still better to try to sleep even if it's just two or three hours. Otherwise you will crash big time the next day around mid day. :)

I've actually found that drinking some magnesium powder in water and taking some melotonin pills before bed helps immensely. I don't get an easy 8 hours even so, but things are improving.

I won't lie though, if I'm not able to fall asleep by about 4am or so, I will sometimes get up and just start my day. What about you? Do you have sleeping trouble, and if so, do you just decide to get up or do you still try to get some sleep?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a bit of sleeping problems. I have no issue falling asleep, but I don't remember the last time I slept for eight hours straight. I'll wake up at least once every night, and it's boynto go to the bathroom. Sometimes I'm able to fall back asleep right away, other times I'll be up for an hour and some. It sucks.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, some nights I don't fall asleep until 2 am or I wake up about that time and can't go back to sleep. I find if I can't fall asleep I'm better off getting up and watching TV for a bit. Often I will go to sleep when I go back to bed.

Usually when I can't sleep its because I have things on my mind.

Impaired

Registered Member
2 hours is better than nothing, but less than 4 hours and I will generally be bleary eyed and tired.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Sleep hates me. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep in years. I struggle to fall asleep and then once I do, I usually wake up every hour or so.

I would definitely take the two over no sleep... but there are days when I've just thrown in the towel and got back up to start the next day. It never goes well. Haha.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yes, I've started having sleeping problems for the last couple of months eversince I began to work-out in the evening. I have a hard time falling asleep after a 2-hour session at the gym, given that I get home at around 10.30/11 pm. It'll keep me until at least 2.30am then I wake up like a zombie at 7am. On days when I have no gym (once a week), I fall asleep at 9pm.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sleep use to be a problem for me but it's really not the case anymore. I can fall asleep basically standing up in the shower these days haha

I guess I am just old

And I would rather get some sleep rather than none

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's been14 years since I only need 4 hours of sleep be feel well rested. I can stay up late until 4am if I know I don't need to wake up before 8am. But it happens that I get caught up with doing something else and then I only have a couple of hours left before I need to wake up.
I still take that. Two hours is better than no rest. Half an hour is better than no rest. Less than that, it's true I tend to just stay awake and continue my day.‎

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Years ago, it usually took me at least two hours to get to sleep after I had gone to bed. And once every year or two, I'd have a sleepless night.

But ever since I've been on psychiatric medications, I practically always get to sleep right after I've gone to bed.

And believe me, I'm grateful for this.