Two guys strike it rich old money found in back yard!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by split, Apr 28, 2005.

1. split

split New Member

did anyone see this story on the news? wow, i'd like to dig up a treasure like that! i wonder how much it's going to end up being worth?

2. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Do you happened to have a link to it, so that we can see it?

3. split

split New Member

i'm sorry i don't, but it was all over every major news venue yesterday and last night. good morning america had it and inside edition, etc. you could probably do a search on google and find it.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I havent heard this story yet, and I havent seen it on any of the news sites I visit regularly. Interesting story.

If someone finds the linkage, Please post

5. Mina

Mina Registered Member

We had a guy here that dug up a small fortune that was burried in coffee cans and jars... who knows how long the money was there. Hmmmmm should I start digging up my yard??

6. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

7. precision

precision Registered Member

knowing my luck, I'd dig up somebody's pet

8. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

well i have done all the digging in my back yard to find nothing but black texas dirt.hmmm wish it was oil

9. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

Heck I be happy if I had the strength to dig at all.... that would be my fortune. Gain my life back.

10. split

split New Member

Just saw on Good Morning America those guys were arrested for "stealing" the money! Yep, turns out after they went on all those talk shows even on the late shows last night doing their media blitz about the money, the police got suspicious when they kept telling different stories. Then they got some leads that they had actually found it in the rafters of a house they were renovating. They are roofers by trade. Oh well, if you're gonna be dumb.....

found the link to the story for this morning....

two arrested

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005