Twistheology

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Obsessiforge, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

[​IMG]

based loosely on the story of the Bible (for now), Twistheology is a webcomic that follows the misadventures of God and company as he deals with issues of creative control, bureaucracy, and the little people who just won't listen in the quest for a perfect "Universeā„¢".

here's a little preview for y'all.
    [​IMG]

Twistheology may be unsuitable for religous fundamentalists and extremist conservatives. enjoy.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

So that's what your avatar is from. Do you draw this yourself?

3. Obsessiforge

yup, written and drawn by me. I'm still trying to get my hands on a graphics tablet, so until then I do the inking manually.

thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  4. Mirage

Not bad. One thing you could do to make it look a little crisper is color it in Photoshop.

And I want a graphics tablet myself. I have a $60 one but it's no good for drawing. I want a tablet monitor that I can draw on in real time.

5. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Lol, I like it. Good job.

6. Obsessiforge

actually, I DO color it in photoshop. just not very well. for a while I tried coloring it solidly, but without rigidly defined black outlines its impossible to color like that, especially since the paper texture is still there. once I've got a tablet, the style will change drastically.

thanks
    ------
    thanks haha! tell your friends.

shameless self promotion, t'is my middle name. :p

7. Mirage

Oh ok. You should look into Wacom's Cintiq line.

Cintiq Product Information

That's how the professionals do it. You'll need a spare $2,000 to get one of the better models though. Been on my "wish list" for a while now. :)

[​IMG]

You can digitally draw right on the screen in realtime. That's the way to do it! :shocked:

8. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

I will certainly be tuning in for future editions. I'm intrigued at this point.

9. Obsessiforge

yeah, Wacom definitely makes the best ones. I haven't got that much cash lying around though. a good friend of mine who has a webcomic of his own just got a Wacom Bamboo tablet, which is more in the $100 range. it doesn't work in realtime like the Cintiq does, but I'm not sure I need that much power either; the Cintiq line looks like it'd be better suited towards architects and the like. I'm kind of used to my external mouse, as well, so a straight up input tablet might be better suited to my needs.

[​IMG]

on the other hand, I think Tim Buckley, author of CAD, uses a Cintiq. that's what it looked like, anyways. this is his full time occupation though. its just a hobby for me, I'm still in high school.
    ------
    thank you! I won't be updating in earnest for a couple weeks, given my current state of being stuck in Pennsylvania, and then Toronto. but this next chapter is going to be a lot of fun...and will also be featuring another well known General Forum member, so keep an eye out for that ;)

10. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Not bad..You might want to work on your blocking a bit and do some back dropping in shadows as well as the texture. Have you ever had any formal training? Don't be afraid to get a little detail in your work..

Now who am I to be saying this? I used to work in the comic industry ( I drew and inked for some of the bigger boys on the block when they were first starting out.

You can ask Hybrix..No joke.

I'm not trying to be critical but if you want to make in the comic world you have to stand out above all the others out there.

But it's not a bad start. How long does your story line go for? Do you pencil them first or do you do it all at once?

I would recommend Photoshop and Flash to help you out along the way. Freehand will only get you so far.

But as I said not a bad start. Keep it up and you just might have something.