Twins To Consider Signing Bonds?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Star-Tribune - The Twins are so determined to bolster their lineup for next season, there were indications Thursday they would even consider signing Barry Bonds.

The San Francisco Giants have announced they will part ways with Bonds at season's end. The all-time home run leader wants to play next year, but soon he'll be a free agent looking for a job.

The chances of Bonds signing a free-agent contract in Minnesota are still remote, but the market could be limited.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiretap_archives/7680/20070928/twins_to_consider_signing_bonds/

2. The_Show_Stopper

The_Show_Stopper Registered Member

As a Tigers fan, I hope they do sign him. He's a washed up piece of dirt, and I'd love to go to a few games against the Twins just to boo his monkey lookin' ass.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off the Twins need to re-sign Torrii Hunter, and we all know that they have a small market, which means they dont have a lot of money, and I doubt that Bonds will take a pay cut, and I'm sure he'll be asking for about 13-20 million a year, and the Twins wont be able afford that. In my opinion he'll sign with the Yankees or someone that has lots of money to spend. I would say the Bo Sox but they already have Big Papi has their DH.

4. The_Show_Stopper

The_Show_Stopper Registered Member

Yeah I know. But it would be pretty sweet to be able to boo him a lot more.