• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Twinkie Diet - all about calories

trixiechi

Registered Member
Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

In a nutshell, this professor went on a diet of 1800 calories consisting of little debbie cakes and other junk food. He lost 27lbs. in 2 months and his cholesterol and triglyceride levels improved.

I find this interesting because I lost 120lbs plus. I have a lot of people ask me how I did it, as if there's some secret. Which there isn't! Burn more calories than you consume on a consistent basis.

I didn't lose weight by eating junk however, I certainly think you would be healthier and feel better if you ate nutritious food instead of junk, but in the end, it is an energy equation.

I think though that some people will lose better by avoiding certain foods, or eating certain foods because we are all unique systems. Some diets are just easier for some people to stick to.

Basically, check your calories and find a plan that you are most likely to stick to and makes you feel good.

Dabs

Registered Member
I would probably lose a lot of weight on a Twinkie diet....I don't like Twinkies!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I think losing weight is so overly complicated by all these diets and tips and programs. I've always found simple calorie intake and energy burned to be the most effective way to lose lbs. There's plenty of websites out there where you can track how much you consume and how much energy you burn every day. It sounds like a lot of effort but it really makes you think about what you're putting into your body and it's become a habit for me now.

Though, the thought of the twinkie diet makes me feel ill. I would miss my apples. :nod:

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I didn't click on the link but what the hell kind of nutrition professor eats like that? Then again, I had a psychology professor who was completely insane, like tinfoil hat insane.

Congrats to you for losing that weight, Trix. It's true, eating healthy and burning more calories than you consume is the key.

trixiechi

Registered Member
People think it's more complicated than it is I think. I have a calorie app on my iphone and I log everything. Most anything I eat has already been entered in the database by someone else so it makes it super easy. It's the dailyplate by livestrong, but there are several. I do eat low carb now, not because I lose weight better than eating carbs but because I feel full longer and feel better eating that way. I am hungrier when I eat carbs.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
People think it's more complicated than it is I think. I have a calorie app on my iphone and I log everything. Most anything I eat has already been entered in the database by someone else so it makes it super easy. It's the dailyplate by livestrong, but there are several. I do eat low carb now, not because I lose weight better than eating carbs but because I feel full longer and feel better eating that way. I am hungrier when I eat carbs.
I love dailyplate by livestrong! It's helped me watch what I eat so much, since I have to be a bit careful (not a great metabolism/underactive thyroid/don't like cooking). The best part about it is it's free, haha.