• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Twilight

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am about to start watching the Twilight saga as I have never seen them before. Some people have said they are awful, others including my favorite film critic seem to love them. I sort of know what to expect and I have heard bad things about them but I am going to try and go in with an open mind.

Have you seen them? What did you think?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Nooo, run Gin! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

I watched the first one. Horrible. I kept making fun of it like I do when films are crap; I haven't watched the others though, the first one killed enough brain cells.

Elanor

Registered Member
I would say don't put yourself through it :lol: I have seen the first one, and I wish I could have those 2 hours of my life back.

But, watch the first one and judge for yourself. It just wasn't my kind of vampire film.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I think it was the second one that was the worst if I remember correctly. The first part of the final two wasn't all that either but overall I'd give them a B. I did read the books first too.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I didn't hate the first one as much as others in this thread. I wish I did though. Because I thought the first one was ok, I excused the second one to be one bad one out of the bunch. And by the third one, it was too late to stop because I had to know how it all ended.

The only time I want back from all the movies, although they were all really bad, is the time I spent watching the last movie (both, because it was all based on one book). The ending is the worst, which is ironic, because for a moment there it had the potential to have an ending that would redeem all the movies!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've only seen the first two, after that I couldn't put myself through it anymore. I read the books stupidly when I was younger. There's no words to describe how bad those books are.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I've had the misfortune of sitting through ALL of the Twilight films. Never again. Save yourself some heartache and brain cells, Gin. It's just not worth it. :D

Having said that, I find myself agreeing with Idi that the first was actually okay. It seemed like it might take the story somewhere interesting... well, until Edward (I can't remember if that's his name?) started acting like a creepy stalker and she started liking it. Yeah, that's when I knew I was in for a world of cinematic hurt from which I have not yet fully recovered. :p

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I actually liked the second marginally more than the first. The first was just embarrassing for filmmakers. Everything was awful. Those gross blue filter they put on the whole film, the awful editing, the terrible and weird camera movements that only amateur film students would use... until they learn't better. The whole thing was just a shamble. At least the second film looked more professional, it was of course still let down by a terrible story.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw part of the first one and I wanted to stab my eyes out with a fork. Truly the most horrid movie I've ever seen, next to Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows.