Twilight Saga Opinions

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by venom, Sep 13, 2009.

1. venom

venom Registered Member

Alright... so I have to admit I'm a crazy Twilight fan. Absolutely love the story and the movie. Are there others on this site that feel the same??? How many times have you read them??? As for me I've read them countless times and yes I am twice the average age of the "typical" Twifan. lol Include ya ages in your responses please. :lol:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

A member here (Anitaknapp...avoid her like the plague) sent me all 4 books over the internet, and I read them pretty quick. I thought they were really easy to read and good for boredom, and I remember one was better than the rest (I forget which) but I never got the big hype about them at all. It's not my kind of book to be honest. Technically, I don't think they are very well written. But they are 'feel good' books and I do love it when there's a happy ending for a change, so that was nice.

I have no interest in seeing the movie, oh, and I'm 19.

3. Naomi

Naomi New Member

I knew there'd be a thread on this ;]
    i have the books, not really read them though.
    much rather just watch the films.
    though i read pretty much most of the first 3
    and tbh the film didn't quite cut it for me, or the books :/

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

They're poorly written.

Then again, crack addicts don't look for the purest crack.

Meyers took several facets of the typical female wet dream (the mysterious stranger, the mysticism of someone outside the human norm, and the fantasy of being taken away to new places to name a few) and turned it into one tweenaged dream come true. She took a mythological creature, matched it up with different aspects of what a common teenaged girl would want and started printing money. The books as I said are terribly written. I'm not being rude or anything, if you pay close enough attention, they really are quite bad. However, as with Harry Potter (another B-grade attempt at writing at best) the world is what traps people and keeps them reading.

Personally, as someone who grew up loving the horror genre, Twilight embarrasses me because of what it did to vampires and how vicious the fans of the series tend to be.

AwkwardlyYours likes this.
  5. AwkwardlyYours

AwkwardlyYours Registered Member

EXACTLY THIS.

I don't hate the novels as much as I despise the movies, but regardless I must agree they aren't exactly "well-written." I enjoyed what the story could've been had it been in the hands of a better writer.

My issue is with the scary fans. The ones who freak out because you utter, even in jest that "That guy who plays Edward isn't hot." The ones that visit the orthodontist as fast as possible to get those "TOTALLY AWESOME FAKE FANGS!!!" The ones that talk about vampires constantly and how hot they are and how awesome and how sexy and blah blah blah blah blah. I don't have a problem with people who just like them. That's fine... but an addiction or obsession? Is an unhealthy one.

I just can't wait for this ridiculous vampire fad to end.

On a side note:

Vampires don't sparkle. They just don't.

6. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I love this post :)

Personally the Twilight books are great for when I need something untaxing and easy to read...

The characters are easy enough to understand without having any real depth...Bella is a complete selfish little idiot but nevermind :)

I love fantasy horror and Vampires aren't meant to be gentle or tamed.....thats the appeal right?

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Haven't read the books or watched the movie(s).

From what I've heard, they're a lot of wasted potential - Vampires who are ridiculously fast, strong, and often with random other awesome powers... who have gone to high school for centuries (and been loners the whole time) in order to fit in? And they glow? Not to mention the horrible dialogue... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  8. blackhorse

blackhorse Registered Member

i have read all the books and watched the 2 movies too..i thought the books were really easy to read compared to books like brisingr and even harry potter i guess..among the books i loved the last one the best maybe because i knew that the story was finally gonna come to a good end. but i am not a huge fan of the movies..no idea wat the hype is abt..they kinda failed to capture the story well and i really don think rob pattison is all that cute.

9. knoxbox

knoxbox Registered Member

im a guy, im 26, read the first book before watching the first movie... i feel the movie left out several key aspects of the book, but still did a descent job... i read the second book before watching the second movie again, i felt like they left out key aspects, but again still did a descent job... meaning it entertained me so it did what it was supposed to do...

i am almost done reading the 3rd book, and have talked to several people that have read the 4th book. what most people that make the claim that this is aimed at teenagers is going to be rather appalled when the last movie comes out. there will undoubtedly be some very pissed off teenage preteen parents that thought this story was something else... its going to get deeper and darker. as is evident in the 3rd and 4th book.

i guess you could say im a fan, more so my wife... im excited to see the 3rd movie next year, and will go to the premiere like i did with the first movie and the second, and my wife and i plan to goto forks for vacation in july... its my anniversary present to her for are 3rd wedding anniversary.

i don't really think people that haven't read nor watched the movies are in any position to judge based on what they have heard... experience it for yourselves... i have friends that were completely opposed and then read or watched the movie and were intrigued... it has something catching...

im with some on the whole twinkling vampire thing but hey its something new... seeing as all vampire lore is myth anyways based on very little known about vlad the impaler which is what dracula was based off of.

these books have inspired my reading though i hadn't read a book in probably 5 years before reading these books maybe my level is just not up to the ones that say stephanie meyer is a bad writer... *shrugs* to me if it will hold my attention then i'll read it and these books do.

10. SpunkVicious

SpunkVicious Registered Member

I love the books how ever I was a little disappointed with the movies I thought they could have been better. The books have such great detail and the movies really lack in some areas.