Twilight: Annoying? Stupid? Amazing?

lifespann13

Registered Member
so I used to have this huge hatred for the Twilight series and I would want to rip the books apart when I saw someone reading them. the biggest reason for this is because its such a conformist's book. Like, EVERYONE is reading it it seems and I was tired of hearing it from people who are only reading it cause it's "cool." However, one day I was bored and I picked up the first book. And somehow, I was hooked. Now I'm reading Breaking Dawn haha.
but it still stands that a good majority of people who read Twilight only do it because they want to be cool.

Opinions on this?
I personally love the books but they're kind of an insult to some people's intellegence haha. Just not written that great.

plus I think Robert Patterson is uuuuugly!

wait, what?

All of a sudden you went from talking about how the book is some lame conformist book cause everyone's reading it, then you say you like the series, but still think every one else is lame for reading it, then you say it's stupid but you like it. Elitist much?

Opinions on this?
I personally love the books but they're kind of an insult to some people's intellegence haha. Just not written that great.
I havn't read the books and have no intention of doing so because they don't really appeal to me, but I did just want to ask you why you like them?

Loads of people, including yourself, say they are poorly written. I'm curious as to what then makes it a good book?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
The fact that it's a vampire/human romace novel?

I will not conform-ever! I'm sick of hearing about it, the other two forums i'm on are full of Twilight nuts! Even the film looked shite.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
IT'S A TEENY BOPPER MOVIE WITH VAMPIRES THROWN IN FOR THE HELL OF IT!

/end newgrounds

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
I enjoyed the books. I have not seen the movie. anyone who calls me a conformist teenybopper for liking the books will be attacked by a plastic jesus.

Kite

Registered Member
People calling people conformers for reading it are more lame than the conformers themselves. There must be something likeable about it for it to be so massive.

Personally I haven't read it or watched it, or have any intention of doing so, but I'm not gonna stop other people doing so.

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
i personally really like twilight.

i have personally read twilight, new moon, eclipse, and i will start breaking dawn tonight.

the movie vs the book : its ok but it could have been better. I have seen the movie 3 times in theatre. I thought/think the dialogue is off, but some characters are centuries old in a modern day, so with that in mind i guess that i stil throroughly enjoy the story though.

Lemonv1

Registered Member
The fact that it's a vampire/human romace novel?

I will not conform-ever! I'm sick of hearing about it, the other two forums i'm on are full of Twilight nuts! Even the film looked shite.
Not conforming for the sake of it is pointless. You might be missing out on a book/movie you happen to like.
It'd make sense if you said it's a genre you dislike, but not just cause it's popular.

I haven't read or saw Twilight but I might read it sometime..