• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Stars who are not around

thealigator

Registered Member
Re-watching Dawsons Creek right now reminds that really, none of the people who were in the show have done much that is ground breaking. I have seen James Van Der Beek in "Don't trust the B*tch", Katie Holmes in the odd film and Kerr Smith in "Life Unexpected" but generally speaking none have done that much. It may be that that is just the way it goes. That actors find it hard to make the transition from the small to the big screen which makes sense. In Friends really the person who did most of their career was Courtney Cox but then again it could just be I am limited to how much I see. I don't watch a massive amount of TV anymore.

But what actors or actresses did you grow up loving in a TV show have just vanished? Which have gone on to do bigger things and why do you think this does happen?

Twitch

Registered Member
The cast of All That! seeme to have petered out. Kenan is on SNL and Danny Tamberelli was in GTAV, but everyone else has mostly disappeared.

There's also tons of Disney shows I watched when I was younger and none of the actors seemed to have stood the test of time.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
There was a show during the weekend when I was a teenager that was called Student Bodies, which pretty much took place in a high school. The only actress from that show I saw afterwards was Jennifer Finnigan, who did a couple of other movies & TV shows but otherwise,all the others have vanished or did very little stuff later.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
It's not safe to look. You look, you find out shit you'd rather not know.

I wonder what happened to all those girls who play the cute little daughters on all those sitcoms like Jennifer Nicole Freeman on "My Wife and Kids" or Masiela Lusha on "The George Lopez Show"... and when I did a simple IMDB search on Freeman, I find out that she apparently got into a marriage with a kid she had shortly after the marriage, then divorced like within a year, and hasn't been heard since... and suddenly it's like......... "OOOOOH there we go again, I KNOW THAT STORY!!!".... and it's like, these girls are often raised in privileged families who tend to not teach them good person-traits nomatter how important they might be to the girls, and so they end up making a bunch of relationship mistakes and messing up their careers over guys who probably were wrong for them and not worth it to begin with.

I don't know the exact specifics on that one, but there's just something about the money and stardom or promise of "future stardom" that messes with their minds and they just aren't trained to treat people as people but rather people as objects to a career, and so things fuck up. It's sad. There's no genuine GOOD PEOPLE around to choose from for them becuase they're brought into that showbiz lifestyle where they're put on a pedistool by others around them.

As for Lusha.... I saw her on a guest role on "Anger Management" (might be an old show), but I'm too scared to look anymore. I might just leave these things alone. You can only solve one set of person-problems per lifetime BEST case scenario. Can't be everywhere and give every woman a romance novel. You can't. Super frustrating.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Sarah Michelle Gellar. I grew up on Buffy and loved her, she was my childhood! Haven't seen her for years. Where's my slayer at?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I remember that she had a series not that long ago where she was playing twin sisters (well, actually assuming his murdered sister's identity) but I think it was cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons. Afterwards, no clue but I do miss Buffy myself!

thealigator

Registered Member
I think the only person who has really done much from the Buffyverse would either by Alyson Hannigan or David Boreanaz. As for Sarah, the last thing I saw her in was American remake of the JHorror film The Grudge. She wasn't terrible but the film stank.

Twitch

Registered Member
One of my all-time favorite shows growing up was Boy Meets World. I'm pretty sure the only actors who made a name for themselves were Adam Scott, the second "bully" at the school, and one of his goons, Ethan Suplee. Adam Scott is obviously pretty popular now, and Ethan Suplee has done a few movies and My Name is Earl.

I always assumed most of the actors you see disappear start working behind the scenes in movies/TV.