• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV TV Shows you can't stand?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
We love to talk about our favourite shows, but what about the ones we all can't stand even watching the ads for?

For me one of these is Gossip Girl. When I was in high school and still now my sister, as well as heaps of my friends loved this show. I tried to watch it and gave it a fair go (from memory I watched the first 6 episodes) but I just couldn't get into it, it seemed so dull to me.

For that matter Laguna Beach, The Hills and The City would all fall into this category as well. I have watched these shows, in fact I once watched a whole season of Hills on DVD with my sister who loves it. Even though I watched through so much of it I still can't stand it and only watched it out of sheer boredom.

A few other shows I dislike are most talent/reality shows. Things like Idol, X-Factor, So You Think You Can Dance etc. I find them all very boring to watch.

So what are some shows that you all like to avoid?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Reality TV in general, with the exception of the British versions of Ramsey's shows.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I hate 98% of all reality shows. There are only two I can stand, Tough Enough & Big Brother (US).

24, Prison Break, One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy... these are some of the shows I really can't stand.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
American Idol, Star Trek, CSI, some show that might be called Navy NCIs or something. Another one of those crime forensic shows, I think.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Basically everything from MTV especially shit like Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant. Those shows do nothing but promote underage failure everywhere. I also hate The Hills, Laguna Beach, Jersey Shore, American Idol, One Tree Hill, The Shield, Vampire Diaries, Mad Love and I'm so gonna get negged for this, Glee. I know, I'm sorry! I know a lot of you guys love it cough*impcroutonirispuck*cough, but I think its awful. If I wanted to see my favorite songs get butchered, I'd watch the American Idol Audtions.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Glee. I know, I'm sorry! I know a lot of you guys love it cough*impcroutonirispuck*cough, but I think its awful. If I wanted to see my favorite songs get butchered, I'd watch the American Idol Audtions.
Everyone knows I only watch Glee because there are hot lesbians in it, so I'll let you get away with that ;)

I agree with you on pretty much everything else. I don't have MTV but I once watched it for a while at my friends place and the shows were terrible!

Ivan

Registered Member
Reality shows like Big Brother
Jerry Springer shows and all "shows" of that type
"Looking for Idol" type of shows
Prison Break

Bliss

Sally Twit
Definitely 'Glee'. The adverts always have annoying girls singing at the top of their lungs and then it'll cut to some corny joke from someone. It makes me vomit blood and punch my TV screen. I don't think anything has bugged me more than that show.

I also hate a British show called 'Hollyoaks' because nobody in it can act. They literally picked a bunch of attractive people, dumped them all in a town and make them act out these fucking stupid story lines. It's been going on for years and I wish they'd end it already. It's taken over. It used to be on once or twice a week and now it's on every single day.

All singing talent shows because they bore me. It's very rare that the winner/winners are popular after a year. They release one album which does OK and then you never hear from them again.
I like 'Britain's Got Talent' because it's about more than singing.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha Bliss Hollyoaks is a soap opera. They are all the same, no acting skills, terrible story etc. American and Australian ones are the worst. Some British ones are okay, like Coronation Street.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The only soap I like is 'Eastenders'. Have you seen that one? There are quite a few good actors/actresses in that. The story lines are sometimes a little extreme and get lots of complaints but I've always enjoyed it.

Oh, and what the hell happened to 'Neighbours'? It's completely different now to how it was when I was a kid. I used to watch it each night when I came in from school. And it's nothing like I remembered it to be now.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Movies & TV 16
Mirage Sports 9
MenInTights Movies & TV 15
Mirage Movies & TV 1
AmericanMusic Movies & TV 6