TV TV Detectives

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by wooly, Jun 30, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

From classics like Columbo and Poirot to modern day sleuths like Monk and Dexter there's an endless list of crime shows featuring people who always seem to catch their man! But who is your favourite TV Detective?

I think my overall favourite has to be Monk. The show is so cleverly written and the character of Adrien Monk is brilliant, and fantastically played by Tony Shalhoub.

Another favourite is Mark Sloan from Diagnosis Murder. Classic show that's sometimes so good because it's so bad :p Dick Van Dyke is always entertaining though.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Mark Sloan from Diagnosis Murder without a doubt! I absolutely love/loved that show and people take the piss out of me for it but I don't care. My plan is to one day own all of the episodes on DVD.

Jonathan Creek is a close second for me though. I do have all of the episodes on DVD and still enjoy watching them from time to time. :)

wooly likes this.
  3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a huge X-Files fan. I have seen nearly every episode except for the ones after Mulder left. It's a bit more than a detective show but I think it can still count.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll be honest I haven't watched a detective show in years... However! Way back in the day I was a huge fan of Dick Tracy.

5. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

My favorite would have to be Jim Rockford on the Rockford Files. I also loved his gold Trans Am.

6. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I don't have one favorite. I like Benson and Stabler on SVU. Both are strong willed people. I also like Lily Rush on Cold Case. She is also strong willed and compassionate.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Vic Mackey, Fox Mulder, and Dexter would be my three favorites. Jim Rockford as a honorable mention.

8. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I used to watch Delvecchio starring Judd Hirsch

9. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

A lot of favorites come to mind:

The '50s: Sgt. Joe Friday (Dragnet)
    The '60s: Peter Gunn, Maxwell Smart (Get Smart), Batman
    The '70s: Lt. Columbo, Ironside, McCloud, Mod Squad
    The '80s: Charlie's Angels
    The '90s: Sledge Hammer!, Mark Sloan (Diagnosis Murder), Amos Burke
    The '00s: Seely Booth (Bones) and Patrick Jayne (The Mentalist)

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Ha, soon as I saw the thread title the first person that came to mind is Colombo.

[​IMG]

Did they ever show his wife?