Tutoring?

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Anyone here ever been a tutor or had one? I'm considering whether or not I should try it. I'm a softmore in high school and can help any other softmores or freshmen. I could possibly help some older kids depending on the material. Is it worth it? What kind of pay are we talking about?

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I had a tutor for the last two years and I can tell you that if your interested in it theres a lot of programs that you could get into. The pay might not be very high but it'll probably be fair amount not the less and depending on the kid you might have a fair bit of work involved but in the end im sure its rather rewarding and always good to say you did.

Tutoring CAN pay very well, depending on the subject material and how good you are. I doubt that you'd get less than $10 an hour, and I've heard of it going up to $50 an hour and more... it's pretty ridiculous.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well yeah I guess it does depend on what you are tutoring. Like if your tutoring a guy Career Education it wouldn't be the same as a math course.

I know if you were in a program like my tutors were for the last few years you'll get small wages but a lot of good words put in for you during high school.

It's sophomore. SOPHOMORE. I guess you're not planning on turtoring in spelling ;)

Tutoring is a good way to make a few extra bucks. It's a prtty good idea, if you think you can help others out. Talk to your school councillor most schools have some kind of turtoring program.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
It's sophomore. SOPHOMORE. I guess you're not planning on turtoring in spelling ;)

Tutoring is a good way to make a few extra bucks. It's a prtty good idea, if you think you can help others out. Talk to your school councillor most schools have some kind of turtoring program.

It's counselor , COUNSELOR!

Something about living in a glass house comes to mind.................

he-he

Hoosier.

What sort of tutoring..? Following individual people around, or a group? In any case, probably yes. Experience speaking in front of a group, preparing for meetings, leading discussions, taking crap... working with your teachers, etc. Could be very useful, without it having to be too serious.

..I had a group for a while on something I'd studied one semester. So, I got a piece of paper with the answers to the questions, and could've done my job by writing those up on the board. But it turned out to be a lot more interesting than that. :)

Anjiru Ookami

Registered Member
My brother is a college student and tutors other college students, and high school students. He says it's very rewarding in it's own ways, no matter how much you get paid. But depending on your prices and how many people ask for tutoring, you can make a good amount of money too.