Turning off the lights

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, May 6, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it's been two Raw's in a row that they've turned off the lights during Monday Night Raw. Is it me or do you think is a stupid idea from the WWE?

Personally I think it's a dumb idea, it doesn't make sence that there turning off the lights during a good matches. In my opinion its only going to make the watchers on television really angry and they might even lose some fans over it. I'm just hopeful this won't be a trend that they'll be doing for every shows, because it's getting really annoying.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I dislike it as well. It's something new, but it's a BAD something new.

How do these ideas pass with the people who put the show together? Really.

3. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Wrestling is fake and cheesy..

So why would it matter, There's always some stupid shenanigans going on.

4. padd

padd Registered Member

You obviously don't follow profesional wrestling so you've got no reason to give out an opinion here.

on the topic: WHERE THE HELL DID RANDY ORTON COME FROM.. it's not like it's the first time they shut off the lights for a wrestler to entrance.. Orton's trying to be like the undertaker lmao.

but yeah i gotta admit Regal is dumb, I watched RAW yesterday and he was acting really dumb with his "respect".. is it just me or is RAW more dramatic than Smackdown?

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I actually like the turning off the lights stuff. I think that after a while it'll get annoying and old but right now its fresh and makes Regal even more hated then he was before. I mean right now outside of Orton and JBL is there anybody else more hated on Raw then William Regal? He's doing a tremendous job right now.

It keeps you on your toes. He feels disrespected and he's getting back at us. Makes me hate him and that's what WWE wants.

6. Babe_Ruth

I agree somewhat with you Millz, it does make the people hate William Regal, but on the other hand it's make the audience get angry at the WWE as a whole, because they turn off the lights during good matches, and in my opinion it's annoying and stupid, why would they even do that.

I don't know if its the same when your at the Arena, but wouldnt you get mad after paying a ticket to see match end that way?

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The difference is that I know it's part of the show and that it is part of a storyline.

It'll get annoying if it continues for months and months.

8. Babe_Ruth

Oh I know it's part of the show, but I cannot see what kind of storyline they can create from this. The only thing it does is that it makes the fans angry.

I doubt it will be going on for months and months, but if they do it for the next couple Raw's before Judgement Day, then I'll be very frustrated. I just don't like the idea behind this right now.

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

At regal but not at WWE. I would think. i think the idea on paper works...the fans disrespected regal and hes doing something about it. and in a way that nobody has done before.

personally though i dont like it or hate it. i just understand it.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

The whole concept of turning off the lights in good matches is a psycological kind of thing, you want to see the matches and yet the lights are of so your mind is derived of the thing it wants the most, so instead of going "Nope, fuck this, fuck WWE" it makes you watch the next weeks RAW in hopes of seeing a good match because you weren't able to the previous week.

it's clever and i doubt they lose fans. They may even gain fans who want to see a completley controversial GM who looks as if he's trying to ruin RAW.