• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Turkey's Erdogan, liquidate Kurdish militants

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey will continue its fight against Kurdish insurgents until every last militant is "liquidated," President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday, adding that now was not the time for discussion.
http://news.yahoo.com/fight-kurdish...-last-one-liquidated-120208329--business.html

I'm wondering what Erdogan is thinking here. I know the minute he said he was going to get in the fight against ISIS all he did was start bombing the Kurds which happens to be one if the main groups fighting ISIS. So he is surprised he now has trouble with them. Wonder if this is going to turn into another genocide.

Here is a comment at the bottom of the article I found interesting.

Ralph 5 hours ago
I am Kurdish and I'm not worried. Turkey is a Pathethic Muslim country who says Islam is about peace but are trying to kill Kurds who want peace. As a Kurd who has lost family members and friends against Muslim governments trying to solve the Kurdish" problem, I would just like to say: just bring it! We got mountains that have caves that no amount of Erdogans bombs can go through. If you try to bring in ground troops, we Kurds will ambush the Muslim soldiers that are coming to kill Kurds who want peace. Our geographical position is the biggest advantage against these Muslims trying to kill my people who only want peace. Hey Obama, I have a question for you. Can you tell me how the PKK is a terrorist group again?

-Being Kurdish is/was outlawed
-Naming your child a Kurdish name is/was outlawed
- if your caught with a Kurdish flag by the occupying Muslim governments of Kurdish land, that's a death sentence
- if you caught with a Kurdish literature, that's a death sentence

How is the PKK a terrorist again?
Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It wouldnt be a genocide since theres only about 10,000 Kurdish insurgents and there are millions of Kurdish people that live in Turkey. 3 million Kurdish people live in Istanbul alone.

Also the dude that made that comment is confused.
1. Most Kurdish people are Sunni Muslims and its only the insurgents that Erdogan wants to take out.
2. The PKK is an armed terrorist group that bombs public places and kills civilians.
3. The PKK doesnt want peace. They want a huge chunk of Turkey to make their own country with.

The Kurdish people are a lot like the Jewish and Ukrainian people - they also didnt have a country of their own until the last 100 years. But the Kurdish people still dont have their own country. Until they do then the PKK will keep attacking other countries and killing civilians.
Imo they totally do need to learn how to get happy living in another country. Well unless somebody wants to sell part of their country like Russia did with Alaska.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always though Kurds were Muslim but after reading that mans comment I thought well maybe I'm wrong.

I wonder if he is right about it being illegal to give your baby a Kurdish name or if caught with Kurdish literature or flag a death sentence.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I always though Kurds were Muslim but after reading that mans comment I thought well maybe I'm wrong.

I wonder if he is right about it being illegal to give your baby a Kurdish name or if caught with Kurdish literature or flag a death sentence.
Yeah the dude is probaly right about the naming and flag thing. Ethnic Turks do discriminate against Kurdish people. Thats why I think Kurdish people should have more rights in Turkey.

Well its probaly a lot like Islam in the US. Even if the government gives them more rights there will still be a lot of Kurd-bashing in Turkey.
Anyway I think that Ralph dude is probaly either a sock puppet or a PKK fighter. His comments are all about supporting the PKK.

EDIT - Btw people without countries is common in the ME and Asia. A lot of its violent like in Turkey and Xinjiang China but other groups not so much. Cossacks are another people with no country but they learned to live peacefully with Russians and Ukrainians so no violence.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dr4gon Breaking News 0
Hilander Breaking News 0