• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Turkey Or Ham??

Dabs

Registered Member
I prefer turkey, but I'll be eating both this year. When it comes to turkey I like mine with ketchup and I only like the white meat.

Ketchup with your turkey??
Oh wow, that's a first ~LoL~

Impact

V.I.P.
Turkey is always so dry, so if I was doing thanksgiving, i'd go with ham. Although, generally for Christmases we have both available and every year I eat the Turkey thinking it will be nice.

Dabs

Registered Member
Turkey is always so dry, so if I was doing thanksgiving, i'd go with ham. Although, generally for Christmases we have both available and every year I eat the Turkey thinking it will be nice.

I have had the dry turkey experience, and it's aggravating~
And actually, I found the cheap store brands to be better turkeys than the name brand turkeys, such as Butterball.
But I don't like dry turkey either, such a disappointment :(

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Turkey on Thanksgiving

Ham on Christmas

That's always the way we've done it in my family.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Deep fried turkey is the best. And if cooked right, Turkey is usually never dry.... and if it is, the dark meat isn't. Haha.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It depends on the situation. I will usually always prefer turkey just because I like to try to eat healthy. However, if the ham is made by my step mother, I will always choose ham over turkey. She makes an amazing ham.

Bliss

Sally Twit
We don't have Thanksgiving here but I've always liked turkey. I've never actually tried 'ham'. I am wondering if I would call that something different as I always associate ham as cold meat.

dDave

V.I.P.
For thanksgiving we always do Turkey. Ham is always for Christmas.

Now if given the actual preference of meat I definitely like ham more but for Thanksgiving I prefer to have turkey.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My family has always done Turkey on Thanksgiving, Ham on Christmas. I don't like Ham, though, so I go with side dishes or other options (sometimes we have shrimp or something like that as well). :) As far as tomorrow, I'll be a happy guy having some Turkey.