Tummy Exercises??? Lower Ab workout???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TGirl, Jul 12, 2005.

1. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Some of you know that I am a Belly Dancer and so being one I don't really give my tummy a huge work out when I am exercising like the rest of my body..... My stomach is not "saggy" Or anything...I has PLENTY of muscle.....it just is not flat....

Does anyone have any tricks or special exercises I could be doing so that I can wear a pretty satiny straight dress on my cruise in September without looking down and seeing my tummy stick out....I have two Formal nights and want to look pretty..........
    The gal at the store told me the trick is to Get a real thick padded bra to draw attention to my chest...and the more my chest sticks out the more my tummy will look flatter....hahahahah but I already have a C+ cup....

I tried on the dress I want (well a few) and I just hate seeing my tummy buldge to me it is ewwwwwwwww with these dresses.....

I would not worry about it much seeings I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal...but for this cruise I do want to look elegant....with all the bugling in the right areas.....not to mention I got to wear a bathing suit for all the water (sports)

So if any of ya have a idea on some exercises that will make a big difference in a little over a month...let me know!!!

~Trina~

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Trina, buy an excercise ball, you will not believe what this thing can do for your tummy and other "problem" areas! :)

3. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

The only exercise I do is

Step 1) Inhale

Step 2) Hold it

Step 3) Let it out when you get back to your room

Interested to see the answers you get.

Does this ball come with directions?

thousand one thousand two thousand 60?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

TGirl if you got the time you can learn to land surf. It's the best workout you can get. Works the stomach like you wouldn't believe...
    Also if you don't have any back probs you can do lower stomach crunches.. Put your butt on the arm of the couch. Back resting on the couch.
    Dip your feet to the floor slowly (make sure to keep feet and legs together) then bring them all the way up slowly. Half of the way up stop and hold for a 20 count. Then finish going up. Hold it for another 10 count. Repeat.

This is one of the biggest surfing exercises there is.

Oh WOW you belly dance? I am probably the only guy I knew that took belly danceing lesson...Boy did that pay off big time for me..

~Night~

5. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

screw working out.

Wear a pair of those slimming panties.

6. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Ok I have one of those huge palaties balls...how ever ya spell that.....but I didn't get any instruction on it on how to use it for your tummy.........

Ok not sure what you mean here...do you mean suck in my tummy and walk to my room before I let it out???? hahahahah

Land surfing...hmmmmmmmm do I need a board to do that and I live in the flat tri-cities.......although there is a mountain I can drive up about 30 minutes away..........not a hill a mountain!! hahah

You took belly dancing lessons or are you playing with me???? I love to see a man belly dance truly!! We have no men in our Group except the ones that play the bongos..... This is something I think we need more of....Men Belly dancers...truly Sexy!!!! and from The Hafla's I been to ohhhhhhhh a man sure does complete the dance! NOW THIS IS ART!!!

I am thinking about it!! hahahah I even bought one on ebay...but I bought it before I looked at the size...I hope when I get it..it has lots of those hooky things in the back to make it smaller....

7. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

8. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

HEY thanks Mary.........maybe all of them combined will work out the lower tummy......my arms need a work out too.....I just hate Bye Bye arms...when you wave bye bye so does your arm...hahahahah

9. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

hahaha! The arm workouts are great too & you get a lot more out of them using the ball. Good luck! :)

10. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

I've got a few,
    But since i've lost so much weight i haven't worked out in about 4 months... I'm back to above 100 lbs now... but I still need to get back to 125-130 for my age and height...

Here's some of them I do...

1. while standing or sitting... you can hold in your muscles (tensing them) for 1 second release, 2 seconds release, 3 seconds, release, and so on... once you feel tension, tense up in reverse down to one second. It helps to build the muscle and the more often you do it you'll notice inches going away. It's less on the neck and back for sit ups and does a better job for getting a 4 pack or a 6 pack in less time, depends on your rib length... This is one though for people that already have a a thinner waistline and just want to help with looser skin...

2. In a doorway... if you're tall enough... put your hands on the top of the door frame.... push up while contracting, your feet should rise, release and repeat.... this is good for your legs, back and tum tum and if you clench your bum it also does afair deal of work on that.... You can also build arms that way a bit more by putting your hands to the side of the frame and pushing outward.... (this second ones more for the arms)...

3. While on the couch, either fetal or lying on your back.... tense your muscles when you laugh... you'll build resistance...

I find sitting up straight helped me alot. I noticed sitting up straight my hip bones changed and so did my collarbone while I was late teens early 20s... and then getting a tighter tummy was easier...

Even while walking, in the mall or going grocery shopping, whenever you bend down, clench your tummy, before you know it it will become a habit...

Though I like traditional sit ups, I use an ab-roller... it's this weird blue thingy... 10 mins every morning while the coffee is in the coffee maker... I keep it in the dining room that way it's in my view...

I think Nightsurfer got my couch one... i worded it different... oops...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005