Tuesday, June 20th, 2006 - Imperial Order

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Turbo, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

[​IMG]

The text reads:

As long as this card remains face-up on the field, negate the effects of all Magic Cards. Pay 700 Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. If you cannot, this card is destroyed.

Ah yes, THE magic negator before Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8. Back in the day if you had the life points to spare mid to late game, this card helped keep the advantage in your favor.

Most of the time players would use Imperial Order as a free Magic Jammer but activating it to an opponents magic card and hoped that their opponent didn't have a set MST, Dust Tornado, Solemn Judgment, or the really old school Sevent Tools of the Bandit. Most times though this card hung around until Jinzo was summoned or the player stopped paying the life points.

I remember playing against and Exodia deck in tournament back then and they were stalling for Exodia with Toll and Gravity Bind. I luckily had IFL and Sasuke Samurai in hand and drew Imperial Order. I beat it with those three cards. Ah, the good ol' days.

Anyways, people debate that this should or shouldn't be banned constantly. I personally feel that yes it is game breaking, but it costs 700 Life Points on each of your Stand By phases so it's a bit costly to keep it around.

Traditional: 5 out of 5
    Advanced: Forbidden

2. Sephiroth_Masamune

Sephiroth_Masamune l 7SIN Sasori l

A bit costly, but well worth every 700 LP you pay for.

This card is THE negator. Plain and simple. If you had this, you would basically make it a monster on monster battle. Well, back then anyway. Traps weren't all that popular, and no one ran more than 5-6.

Jinzo always countered this card, no matter what. That was just what you saw.

EDIT:
    Sorry, had to go do something...

Anyway, this card is great and shouold never be unbanned for great reasons.

Traditional - 5/5
    Advanced - Banned

3. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

I agree with the rest of the COTD team. This thing rocks. To bad we will never get it back. Oh well one can dream of the days where Jinzo use to pawn it, and when you could stop the Duster with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.