Tucker Sent To D-League

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Press Release -
    The Toronto Raptors announced today they have assigned rookie forward P.J. Tucker to the Colorado 14ers of the NBA Development League. Tucker will continue to be included on the Raptors’ roster and will remain on the team’s inactive list. Colorado, who is led by head coach Joe Wolf, has been designated as Toronto’s D-League affiliate for the 2006-07 season.

Tucker, 21, was selected by the Raptors in the second round (35th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft. He had seen action in 16 games this season, contributing 24 points and 20 rebounds in 71 minutes. He posted career highs of 12 points and nine rebounds December 19 at Phoenix.

Tucker is the second Raptor to be assigned to the D-League. Pape Sow played in 18 games last season with the Arkansas RimRockers, averaging 19.7 points, 11.6 rebounds and 33.2 minutes.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44074/20070105/tucker_sent_to_d_league/

2. bargnani7

bargnani7 Guest

im sure tucker will learn a lot from the d league even though he is probably not happy.
    pj will be back in the RAPTORS line-up by the end of the season.

3. Babe_Ruth

I think he's going to be a good player in this league, he's a great rebounder, and he can score as well. I think this was the right move for Tucker developement because he's not getting any playing time with the Raptors right now, and now movie to the NBADL he'll get some playing time.

4. bargnani7

bargnani7 Guest

true....with his under sized body playing power forward that is outstanding.
    he just has so much upper body power.
    did u see how he took amare to school the first game the raps played the suns?

5. Babe_Ruth

I know I think he was the steal of the second draft. I think he's like a Jason Kidd rebounding wise, he can be one of the best rebouding guards in the NBA, if he gets the playing time. I have a feeling if everyone in the Raptors remains healty he'll be there for the rest of the season.

6. Insidelane

Insidelane Guest

I think this was a good decision, he obviously needs time to develop his game. He is a 2nd round pick. He needs more confidents and more time to convert from the NCAA game to the NBA game. I see him being a great defender in the years to come, but he needs time and effort.

7. shookem

shookem Guest

The D league is really gaining some cred in my books. I wish they had more teams in the east, as I think that would make it easier for me to follow but all in all, I've been impressed over the last few years.

If someone gets moved or Freddy continues to struggle we may see PJ back in town sooner than he should (although he produced at a big league level when with the Raps).

8. Babe_Ruth

I personally don't think that Tucker will be back with the Raptors this season, because the organization wants him to play a lot of minutes, and if he did come back with the Raps he wouldn't get those valuable minutes in Toronto.

9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Guest

This is going to be a valuable learning experience for PJ. The D-League can really help out a players development. It defenitly helped out Pape Sow last year. When Pape came back he was so much more confident and it helped out his game. Hopefully the same thing will happen for PJ.

10. Babe_Ruth

When Pape Sow was sent to the D-League he tored up the competetion, getting 30 ppg and like 15 rpg. We all know that the competetion is nothing compared to the NBA, but like Vinsanity said it help his confidence tremendously. And like I said earlier he'll do great in the D-League which will build is confidence, and when he's ready to come back to the NBA hopefully he'll bring that confidence and success with him.