• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trying to motivate yourself to learn another language?

Eeyore25

I bought Spanish (Latin America) from Rosetta Stone and I am on a 5 month payment plan. I only have 2 payments left and I only studied it for like a month after I got it. I've probably forgotten everything that I learned and I want to try and start studying it again but I'm having a hard time motivating myself. I do not like Spanish people so I am kinda racist and I guess I just don't feel like learning the language because most of the Spanish people here in Arizona don't bother to learn our language they just go around talking Spanish and I personally think that's rude. Not to mention a lot of them are illegal aliens. How do I motivate myself to learn their language when almost all of them won't learn ours? It doesn't exactly make me overly concerned about learning theirs.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well at least if you learn their language you will know when they are talking bad about you or trying to pull one over on you.

I don't have a problem with people of Spanish decent but I have a big one with illegals and a president that does nothing about it.

Eeyore25

Well at least if you learn their language you will know when they are talking bad about you or trying to pull one over on you.

I don't have a problem with people of Spanish decent but I have a big one with illegals and a president that does nothing about it.
Lol, I already like you and I don't even know you!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm liking you too, hope you stick around.

Seriously its hard to get motivated to do something. I use to exercise regularly on a bowflex and now I just dust it.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Just learn enough to surprise them when they go off yattering to each other.
What's Spanish for "Excuse me, but I am with Immigration and I just want to remind you that speaking English in public is now required by law." and "It seems you have caught the wrong bus, the one going to Mexico is going the other way."?

... What? :D

- Chameleon