Trying it again

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by dize, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dize

dize Registered Member

2. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

That's a really nice piece. Did you put the asshat on your no bidder list or whatever that is called LOL. Just screen those bidders carefully before the auction closes so you can tell if its them again acting like an idiot.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Dize, it makes no sense why anyone is doing this to this particular piece of work. You mentioned in another thread, that this happens to artists frequently, but this is the first I've heard of an artist being targeted.
    Usually if someone is even bothering to peruse the art category, it's because they have an avid interest in art.
    Now, if this had been listed in the weird category where most trouble seems to happen, it would certainly make more sense. Have these people responded to you at all?

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

WOW! I really like that painting! I'm not sure exactly what it is or means, but it just looks really interesting and has a lot of detail. What exactly is it supposed to be?

[​IMG]

5. dize

dize Registered Member

Yes. I filed a NPB and the person was NARU'd because he bidded on several other auctions in the same price range

6. dize

dize Registered Member

My Husband is known for doing images w/the sun and landscapes similar to the continent of Africa. There is no real meaning. Just playing aroung w/ different imagery.
    Thanks for the compliment:cute:

7. eldragon

eldragon New Member

That is one awesome picture! Unfortunately, sometimes you get a buyer who sabotages you for awhile.

One the ebay powersellers board - there are horror stories of how their auctions are constantly being ruined by sickos out there who add new meaning to holding a grudge.

8. mamab

mamab Registered Member

That is a great picture. I hope that whoever has been sabotaging you will be dealt with severely. Also, since that's happened to you more than once, has ebay reimbursed you your posting fees?

9. dize

dize Registered Member

Yes The fee have been reimbursed. Not sure what they did to the person besides them losing their account.

10. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Maybe that'll be enough. :-/

I really think ebay should create a "Hall of Shame" that lists people who have had their accounts closed. That way, people could see that there are consequences for doing stupid things like this. But, I doubt they will.