Trusting people

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Twitch, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I think I have this problem with trusting people.

I can't let anyone look at my phone, or iPod, or computer without watching what they're doing as they're on it.

The only people I trust are two of my best friends, and even them I won't let them look at my phone.

How can I fix this?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm the same way with a certain friend, but only because I've witnessed his blatant disregard of other people's things. Everybody else I have no problems trusting with my stuff.

What do you think they're going to do? See something you don't want them to see? Or do you think they'll actually break it?

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I don't know I just hate when people look at my stuff and I can't see what they're doing.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It's nothing got to do with breaking it, I too, same the same problem as you Twitch because I just don't like people being too nosy, I mean it's my phone, keep away from it. I don't go around lurking in your phone.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i don't think there's anything wrong with this.
    i mean, personal stuff is personal so no one has the right to go through it but you.
    for example, i feel uncomfortable when someone else sits on my computer. not that i got anything to hide but i don't like it.

actually, i don't give anyone my phone. this is normal. even your partner doesn't the right to go through it without your permission. ..

6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Don't. Why would you want to? Most people can't be trusted anyway, better to keep your things safe and personal.

7. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I don't let anyone look or touch my stuff.
    Doesn't matter if I have anything to hide or not, it's personal and belongs to me.
    It doesn't seem wrong to me to feel that way, so I don't see why you feel like you should fix this 'problem'

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I am funny about people snooping around my phone too or even my camera. Sometimes I'll show them one picture but if they start to look through the rest I'll take it back off them. I wouldn't want anyone reading my text messages either. I don't have anything to hide but it's private. Some things are allowed to be private.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah I'm the same too, but with me it's because there probably is stuff on all 3 (phone, ipod, computer) that I don't want them to see. :lol:

It's not that there's bad stuff, just that most of my friends don't know much about things that are important to me, and I forget who knows what, so I get nervous when they look through my stuff. And I value privacy probably a little too much anyway.

I agree with the general consensus here that you don't need to 'fix' anything.

10. Quebedeau

Quebedeau Registered Member

When I throw a party I Never sit down, stay still, or chat for more then 2 mins. I usually have my laptop hooked up to the bigscreen tv for music, if the music is off the tv is gone or the laptop is gone, or i cant let many people know my password to certain thing, theres only 4 people i can trust with my whole house, and not good in a way