• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trust

Gibz

Registered Member
Dont you just hate it when your significant other doesnt trust your word? :(

Has anything like this happened with you?

Daemonic

Registered Member
eh, there can be reasons for that, I used to be very trusting but now do have issues when in a relationship with it at times. I dated one to many girls that turned out to lie, sleep around behind my back and deny it, and make up stories in general.

It may not be something to take personally, there could be more too it...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I always keep my word though. It's just so frustrating.
What happened exactly?
If someone doesn't trust you, they already had/have a reason.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
eh, there can be reasons for that, I used to be very trusting but now do have issues when in a relationship with it at times. I dated one to many girls that turned out to lie, sleep around behind my back and deny it, and make up stories in general.

It may not be something to take personally, there could be more too it...
I am the same way. I really have trust issues in my relationships. I have been cheated on before and it nearly brought me down to my knees. Ever since then, if I am in a relationship I always have doubts and those doubts typically kill the passion I have for her. No matter how much I want to trust somebody, I feel like I would get burned at the end.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have trust issues. I think I always will, no matter if the person has given me a reason or not. I guess that's just the result of being in some relationships that were almost 100% trust-free.

Dabs

Registered Member
Trust is a big issue for me too......I don't seem to want to let my guard down.
I have seen too many men from the CLiP List......Cheaters, Liars & Players.....and I am so tired of it, that I sort of let myself build a wall as they say, and not let anyone in anymore.
If you don't have trust, you don't really have a relationship......and trust has to be earned~
Then, once it's broken...it's hard to repair *sigh*

Impact

V.I.P.
Sometimes it's hard to trust people, especially when you've had your trust severely violated in the past. It can have nothing to do with your current partner. Even though it's hard being on the receiving end of that, it's hard for the person with the trust issues too. Once you've been burned, it really is hard to trust again, even when the person has proven to you over and over they can be.

To answer the actual question...yes something like that has happened to me before. Almost all relationships come with past baggage, and you have to deal with that, trust issues and all. Me myself...i'm not sure I could ever 100% trust a person again, and as sad as that is, it's the truth. I don't start out blindly trusting someone until they prove me otherwise, I start off wary of everyone, and expect people to prove they're trustworthy. I'm probably the worst person ever to actually get along with :lol: