• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poll Trump vs. Biden 2020

Who are you planning to vote for in the 2020 general election?

• Third Party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I honestly think he'd win if he'd say Trump should have handled covid like we handled swine flu. We declared an emergency but we never shut down. We didn't destroy the economy to fight the flu.
Instead the message is Trump didn't do enough.
But that message too is troublesome for them. Trump cancelled all flights from China. He was called racist and xenophobic. Now it’s “he should have done it sooner”. They argue he’s hurting the USPS to do away with mail in ballots. If he shut in early March, he would have been accused of hurting Democrats voting in the primaries, specifically Super Tuesday.

That’s my problem. They have no substance. EVERYTHING he does is wrong. He shut down too early, he shut down too late, he’s not doing enough to help people and doesn’t care, he can’t send federal police into failing cities filled with violence. It’s no sensical and stupid.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
But that message too is troublesome for them. Trump cancelled all flights from China. He was called racist and xenophobic. Now it’s “he should have done it sooner”. They argue he’s hurting the USPS to do away with mail in ballots. If he shut in early March, he would have been accused of hurting Democrats voting in the primaries, specifically Super Tuesday.

That’s my problem. They have no substance. EVERYTHING he does is wrong. He shut down too early, he shut down too late, he’s not doing enough to help people and doesn’t care, he can’t send federal police into failing cities filled with violence. It’s no sensical and stupid.
That's true. Their only policy is everything he did was wrong. A lot of Republicans were there too under Obama. I get it.
I seriously can't think of a single policy I've heard from Biden other than mandatory mask. Who's out knocking on doors because they are so inspired by that?

Powerful

Registered Member
Substance. That’s what I want. I don’t want “He’s been the worst President of our lifetime and we need to vote him out”. I don’t want “Biden is going to make things better”. I want “Biden is going to do X”. Specifics. Raise taxes, lower taxes, institute tariffs, do away with tariffs, and HOW it’s going to make things better. I have no use for generalizations and hyperbole.
I think you are setting the bar unnecessarily high for a keynote speech at the DNC. The purpose of those speeches isn't to announce policy, it is to rally the base.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think you are setting the bar unnecessarily high for a keynote speech at the DNC. The purpose of those speeches isn't to announce policy, it is to rally the base.
I was speaking more about Biden and his campaign itself. My comment about Michelle Obama’s speech was more of an after thought. In other words, just the same old hyperbole. I thought I made that obvious. My fault for assuming too much.

Powerful

Registered Member
I was speaking more about Biden and his campaign itself. My comment about Michelle Obama’s speech was more of an after thought. In other words, just the same old hyperbole. I thought I made that obvious. My fault for assuming too much.
No problem! Thanks for the clarification!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The entire DNC, not one single mention of the rioting and looting. They want to defund the police, but have Donna Hylton as a speaker. Oh, and the virus is racist.

If continued rioting and looting, people being beaten and killed in the streets with no repercussions, people calling 9-1-1 in an emergency and police can’t respond is what you want, Joe Biden is your guy.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The entire DNC, not one single mention of the rioting and looting. They want to defund the police, but have Donna Hylton as a speaker. Oh, and the virus is racist.

If continued rioting and looting, people being beaten and killed in the streets with no repercussions, people calling 9-1-1 in an emergency and police can’t respond is what you want, Joe Biden is your guy.
Smart. Policy-wise America is behind the Republican party. Didn't hear anything about abortion either did you? Personally-wise America is behind the Democrats.
I heard Trump yesterday give a speech at some economic forum. He was really good. Maybe the best off the cuff I've ever heard from him. Almost no insults, no bad language, very clear. Very presidential. Sometimes I like the attack dog Trump but the Trump I saw yesterday is who he needs to be the next few months, imo.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

If it were conservatives rioting and looting every last democrat would be hounding Trump to disavow them.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Kimberly Guilfoyle’s speech was bad. Her delivery was awful. She reminded me of Dwight Schrute’s speech in The Office.

Overall last night was pretty good though. I think it’s going to be a landslide victory.