• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poll Trump vs. Biden 2020

Who are you planning to vote for in the 2020 general election?

• Third Party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Would it be a surprise to see Trump move on both of those things before the election? Loan forgiveness and weed. He's in full Herbert Hoover mode now so its possible. Also he is mr. prison reform, therefore the weed.

I'm not knocking that. Maybe the only way to fight globalist right now is Hoover. I don't know.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What is his plan for student loans?

Basically, the government pays the loan payment until the debt is gone for borrowers who make under $125,000 a year.

Would it be a surprise to see Trump move on both of those things before the election? Loan forgiveness and weed. He's in full Herbert Hoover mode now so its possible. Also he is mr. prison reform, therefore the weed.
I don't know. Moving on issues would go against his party platform from what I understand. He would have to drag Republicans behind him in order to get either passed. The Dems are going to want to take credit for either idea so they'll likely be difficult to deal with when it comes to creating a bill for either issue. I believe that the path to legal weed is a states' rights issue. If Trump can sell it to his base as a states' rights issue he will have an easier time getting that bill passed. I don't think there's any chance in hell he, or his base, support student loan forgiveness. It's not good for big business, represents handouts, and the money has to come from somewhere other than tax increases. It's just not a viable platform issue for a Republican in the current climate.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
No kidding. I feel bad for him, having those kind of cognitive issues is a serious thing. I blame his family for not truly looking out for him.

Impact

V.I.P.
Serious questions from a non-american - do these guys not get health screenings before running to prove they are fit to do the job (mentally and physically) and why are all the candidates so old? I get that you've got to have experience and worked your way up but these dudes are all ancient.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Serious questions from a non-american - do these guys not get health screenings before running to prove they are fit to do the job (mentally and physically) and why are all the candidates so old? I get that you've got to have experience and worked your way up but these dudes are all ancient.
They sometimes do, but they aren’t required to. I agree, I would prefer younger candidates from both parties. Both of these guys are in their 70’s.