• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trump: It's really simple

Powerful

Registered Member
This is really very simple. A lot of Americans want to be assholes to everyone. They want to live in an entirely white country, and be free to call uppity women fat pigs. They don't care about or like anyone different than them, and don't have the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity.

And Trump is a symbol of all of that. It's not about policy or party ideology, and never was.

Reactions: Sim

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure that is true of some but a lot of Americans have become so PC if you say anything about someone that is not of your race or religion your labeled a bigot. Couldn't possibly be because you have legitimate concerns. This is the reason someone wouldn't turn in Farook over suspicious activity. So these people that are fast to call others bigots have a hand in this happening.

Colleges have become so PC some comedians won't perform at them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
His appeal is to the same people who laughed when the bully picked on the "nerd "in middle school.

Reactions: Sim

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I disagree with that simplistic answer BR. His appeal comes from people in this country not being listened to by their government, dancing around things like calling someone a Islamic terrorist, not doing anything about the border. So Washington cam blame themselves for his popularity.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm still banking on him being a democratic plant to show how crazy a select amount of conservatives are while pushing as many votes to Hilary as possible.

God help us if that thunderous bitch makes it to the oval office.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm still banking on him being a democratic plant to show how crazy a select amount of conservatives are while pushing as many votes to Hilary as possible.

I don’t even think Trump is a Republican. He has held liberal positions on major issues(for the most part) except immigration.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

At one of the debates he bragged about having the Clintons at his wedding. And now she's his worst enemy?
If I was putting money on this election, I'd go all in for Clinton. I doubt he gets the republican nomination but he's still saying he may run third party.
And I hate saying this because nobody I know disagrees with Obama because of race but it seems to me that some of the backlash against Obama was indeed racism because the same people that hatred Obama on policy now support Trump for the same policy, Sarah Palin comes to mind, unfortunately.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it's a mix of race and "my team" mentality where people are sold the same damn thing, but because their candidate said it, it must somehow be different or better.

People are fucking stupid.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think it's a mix of race and "my team" mentality where people are sold the same damn thing, but because their candidate said it, it must somehow be different or better.
This.

People will usually follow who they trust over those they don't. Sadly, when it comes to politics, that initial trust is usually dependent upon the letter D or R, or perhaps upon one issue someone finds most important, say gun control. Then when said person finds a candidate or political commentator who shares those same views on gun control, that person will subconsciously align the rest of his or her views to match those of the trusted candidate or commentator.

Ask the average American what their views are on one political issue, and you will very likely be able to guess their views on another completely unrelated political issue. It's the herd mentality.

I remember on this forum a while back, a member came out in favor of campaign finance reform to limit the influence of money on politics, and then literally within a month or two came out against it because of what Ted Cruz had said.

Sometimes I think people are just afraid to think for themselves. Or unable?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

EXACTLY. I've been saying this since the beginning. He hit immigration really hard, a definite wedge issue, to split the Republican vote. His objective isn't to win, his objective is to run as a third party candidate and help Hillary win.