• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

True Detective: Season 2

Konshentz

Konshentz

June 21st.

There's our first real look at the second season of True Detective.

What are your thoughts? Are you more or less excited than you were before?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm more excited, actually. The setting in California will probably be spectacular if that first shot is any indication. Colin Farrell looks like he belongs. I think my only reservation right now is over Vince Vaughn. It's hard to imagine him playing a dark, serious role.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree. The setting looked great in that first shot and as much as I hate Farrell, he didn't bother me in that trailer. I also agree that the one thing that could really derail this season is Vaughn. I'll be shocked if he doesn't play the exact same character he has his whole career. Haha.

I'm still very much on the fence. I'll definitely be tuning into the premiere and then going from there. Fingers crossed.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I'm really excited too. I just have a lot of faith in the writers to not mess it up.

Konshentz

Konshentz
New trailer...

At this point I can't wait for the 21st. It's funny how much my thoughts on this have changed over the last 6 months. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It looks pretty awesome, I must say. I can't wait for it to start. I don't know if it'll be as good as the first season, but if it's even half as good, then I'll enjoy watching it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
First episode was good, but I wasn't blown away. I think there is some potential though. We'll just have to see how the story and the characters develop.

Colin Farrell's character seems to be the most interesting so far. The other ones are kind of meh, but I'm sure things will start picking up over the next few episodes.