TV True Blood S2 preview

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by AnitaKnapp, May 9, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Anyone else watch True Blood? I found this youtube clip of a scene in the 2nd season. It's probably the premiere episode.

YouTube - trueblood

I recently read all the books again, for the 2nd time. I'm not really sure where they are going with the show, because some things are really different. This scene in particular did not happen this way in the book at all.

2. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Saying I am a fan of the show would be an understatement. Haven't read the books but the show is really good. Different and I like it. I know someone who works on the production for this show and the last time we spoke about it was very early during the first season but she told me that it had a good buzz. I then mentioned how it is an easy following to tap into so there is less to worry about in terms of cancellation, unlike the last project she was working for HBO that only aired the pilot season. Also when I spoke to her about it she said season two wouldn't be until fall at the earliest and maybe not even until 2010, so the fact that it got bumped up is huge. I look forward to this being one of the series that sticks around for awhile.

Don't want to spoil it too much for anyone who hasn't seen it, but that last shot gives me an idea of where I thought they were going towards the end of last season and I like that angle too. Keeps it from getting stale.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
    AnitaKnapp likes this.
  3. AnitaKnapp

Ooh. Tell me. Put it in spoiler tags though. I want to know where they're going with it, because it seems to be a different direction as the books. Because in the finale they showed Jason at a Fellowship church, and that has never happened. Book 9 just came out, and I am on the wait list at the library for it.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

You know, I'm really torn. I really love True Blood, but part of me was getting upset with it towards the end of the first season. The problem is, I think the whole think with Suke and Bill is getting annoying. It has so much potential but there little love fest gets old fast, and frankly Suke is a bitch. Haha.

Anyway, I'm really excited though, I was so obsessed with the show and I'm sure I will be again, despite my better judgement.

Werewolfs really?

5. AnitaKnapp

I can't stand Bill.

Especially after reading the books. He's not the good guy that he seems to be through the first season/book.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I read you alls spoilers and I must say:

Yes. The direction of Werewolves and other mythical beings are what I meant and that opens up the series to change the pitch up showing a whole dark world vs just vamps coming out of the closest. Writing can last longer like that before they are forced to recycle as many HBO series fall into this trap. Also, Bill is, after all, a vampire :cool:

7. AnitaKnapp

Haha.

In response to Philly:
    I pretty much already knew that, because the books are the same way. Although, I don't think there is much werewolf involvement until the 3rd book with Alcide Herveaux when Sookie goes to Mississippi on a rescue mission. In the 2nd book, it delves more into the Fellowship of the Sun "religion" and Sookie goes to Dallas. Woot for Dallas! =P