Trouble Making Data CD

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ATARIGUY, May 8, 2010.

1. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Why do I keep getting the following error message when I try burning data to a CD ???

Attached Files:

2. yourwebcrafter

yourwebcrafter Registered Member

Have you tried putting a different CD-R into the drive? Perhaps you have a few bad ones, or they have already been written to and closed?

Sorry but difficult to properly diagnose without knowing more surrounding the conditions of what is going on....is it a new computer, what are you attempting to copy over, is it a new cd you are using, are you sure it is a writable CD or DVD that you are using....what software are you using for the writing, and are you attempting to copy copyrighted material over?

Sorry just a few of the things I would look into off the top of my head

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It looks to me like there's an issue with the CD you're using. Sometimes random errors happen during the writing process (especially if you're using anything moderately RAM-intensive) and the CD will be ruined. If you keep trying to write to that same CD the writing will fail every time.

Try a new CD or brand of CD.

4. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

It could be that the CD you're using is damaged, already used or your burner does not recognize that particular brand CD. Try inserting a new CD or a different brand CD and see how it goes.

5. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Nothing worked so I downloaded CB Burner XP and it is awesome and super fast.