• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Troops exposed to chemical agents in Iraq are dying

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raw Story said:
During and immediately after the first Gulf War, more than 200,000 of 700,000 U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Kuwait in January 1991 were exposed to nerve gas and other chemical agents. Though aware of this, the Department of Defense and CIA launched a campaign of lies and concocted a cover-up that continues today.
Report: US troops exposed to chemical agents in Iraq are dying — and the Pentagon is covering it up

I don't understand why they are denying these guys were exposed to these chemicals and are dying from it. The US sold Saddam chemicals agents that were used to make mustard and nerve gas during the Reagan and Bush the first administrations. Why try to hid the fact they are now ill from it. They served our country now take care of them.

If you think this cover up is bad while camped on the Saudi Border alarms were going off alerting to chemical agents. Officers in charge would tell troops that chemical alarms were faulty and had them disconnected. They should have moved the troops out of the way of harm.

Its this kind of crap that I would recommend the military to no one.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The cover ups woulda prevented the doctors from giving our troops proper medical care and that totally sucks! And no way our troops shoulda ever been sent to Iraq without gas masks since they already knew that Saddam was using chemical weapons.

Imo anybody that turned off the sirens, ordered the demolitions without protection, and covered up the truth should be arrested and put on trial for endangering and terminating American citizens.
I mean they did tell Manning that he would be charged with treason if his leaks resulted in the death of even one American. But those people caused the deaths of a lot of American troops.

There needs to be tons more respect for the people that are defending our country.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how they can do this to soldiers and expect people to continue to want to join the military.

What was good enough for Manning is good enough for those in charge. Maybe they should be put on trial.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
We're looking for a few suicidal, err I mean stupid, err I mean gullible, err I mean good pawns, err I mean sheep, err I mean men.

If we expect our own countrymen to go to other nations to fight and die for the cause, and the dying part is not an option, then how is that really any different from what ISIS is doing? Don't worry neglected soldiers, your reward awaits you in the afterlife, where you will be commanded by 72 horny female CO's and trees around you will grow MRE's..

- Cham