Movies Tron Legacy

wooly

I am the woolrus
The trailer for "Tron Legacy", the sequel to the 1982 classic "Tron", has been released:

YouTube - Tron ( 2 ) Legacy Movie Trailer OFFICIAL HD from Comic-Con 2009 (2010)

I think it looks pretty awesome. Plus i can't wait to see what it'd look like in 3D. Also, you'll see Jeff Bridges in the video replaying the part of Flynn and you might also notice the guy in the yellow suit, played by...
Jeff Bridges from 1982!!! It's amazing how they've managed to reproduce Jeff Bridges to appear just as he did in the original Tron. Really fantastic CGI
Even though the film isn't scheduled to be out til December 2010.... I can't wait :D

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never seen the original Tron movie, but this movie looks epic, it's a different style from I'm use to. The ending of this trailer was fantastic.

I was reading about 2010 movies, and supposedly this is one of the most anticipated movies of the upcoming year.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I saw Tron for the first time ever last night and it was quite enjoyable. This new one seems to have a darker tone but I'm definitely interested.

anmracing

Registered Member
Reviving a dead thread and beware the spoilers!!!!

Saw Tron during the X-mas vacation. In Imax 3D of course. I have to say two thumbs up.

Great return of the games. Didn't much like the bar seen but every movie has a goofy scene that you wonder what the director was thinking.. LOL!

The yellow guy? I know Jeff was credited as being Clu and Flynn but what was the character's name that was in yellow?

Jeff did look amazing, not in a ghey way, but in the "they did an awesome job with the CGI" way. That game room brought back some memories of the old days hangin at the mall.

The homeage to the orignal bikes was a nifty touch too! I noticed that "The Dude" was sneaking out in some parts of the movie too.

I'm glad they were able to make it out. I never really saw the original, part of it but not the whole movie but for some reason I thought he escaped in that one.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I really enjoyed this movie. I saw it in 3D cause I had no choice, but it was worth it I'd say. I've heard people say terrible things about it, but I dunno. It has it's flaws I guess, but it's so pretty you have to forgive it. The music is also kickass.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I thought it was watchable. The visuals were great and I dug the soundtrack, also the cameo of Daft Punk in the Bar scene was cool. I thought the writing was quite poor and I hated CGI Jeff Bridges, it was passable at times but now and again it would go all Playstation 2 on you. There were also long stretches of time where I was quite bored and was hoping there'd be some more bright lights soon :lol:

The yellow guy? I know Jeff was credited as being Clu and Flynn but what was the character's name that was in yellow?
I think that was Clu, Clu did wear yellow.

The homeage to the orignal bikes was a nifty touch too! I noticed that "The Dude" was sneaking out in some parts of the movie too.
:lol: I noticed that too. Whenever Flyn said "Man" all I could think about was The Big Lebowski. It's a shame there wasn't some sort of neon bowling game on the grid.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard mixed reviews from this movie, but as some of you may already know I usually don't listen to reviews. I've decided that I'm going to wait till this movie comes out on DVD before seeing it. That said, I heard the Soundtrack was outstanding and I'm going to listen to it when I get the chance. I'm a fan of Daft Punk so I'm sure I'll like it.