Trivium

Discussion in 'Music' started by icegoat63, Oct 21, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've recently stumbled upon this band and have to say holy cow they are everything I look for in music. What are your opinions on them? I can hear a huge influence from the Old (best version) of Metallica. Hell their lead vocalist even has a voice that could be mistaken for James Hetfields from back in the day. So what are your thoughts?

YouTube - Trivium - Insurrection

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

They are great, I totally love them, half of my iPOD songs are dedicated to their music. :p

3. missingno

missingno Registered Member

I've liked them for some time, though I honestly don't like "The Crusade", everything else is awesome though.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw them live before I knew anything about them and they blew my fucking head off...I loved it.

Honestly I havent even heard everything of theirs; thanks for the reminder haha

5. icegoat63

yeah same here, I'm a fan of "All that Remains" and I was watching a clip from the tour they're doing right now and it just so happens that Trivium is on that tour also. So I got to listen to some of their stuff and like you said... they blew my head off.

They have generally the exact mixture of Heavy and Melodic metal as I like. Plus I swear that lead singer sounds just like a mid 80's James Hetfield Reincarnated

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I feel the same way about them as I do about Coheed and Cambria, give me the original band over these younger bands who sound exactly like great classic bands. Its one thing to be influenced, its another thing to make a career off of someone else's sound.

7. icegoat63

I dont feel they are "jocking" Metallica's sound... I just really hear a resemblance in the lead vocalists voice.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly I think Trivium's sound is different then Metallica, but that's me. I think overall its much louder...at least the older stuff is.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

when i first heard trivium it was before metallica announced death magnetic. i was like awesome, new metallica. then they said it was trivium and i was like WTF. They sound just like Metallica to me.

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Turbo likes this.