• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Triple H's Booking Methods

wooly

I am the woolrus
It's no secret that WWE star Triple H is one of the most powerful players behind the scenes in WWE. Along with this wife Stephanie, Triple H will have a great deal of influence over the company's direction in the coming years.

Triple H was recently named the head of WWE's new talent development program, with Sin Cara being the first superstar he signed. The latest performer Triple H is working with is former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong. On Monday's RAW, we saw the first promo video hyping the upcoming debut of Kong.

According to sources, the vignettes that WWE has aired for Sin Cara and Awesome Kong are part of Triple H's (somewhat old-school) philosophy of wanting to build up fans' anticipation for new characters, as opposed to just having them show up on TV out of the blue.

Aside from wanting to get fans buzzing about a new superstar or diva prior to their debuts, Triple H is also said to be adamant about not bringing new talent to the main roster before they are ready.

In recent years we've seen dozens of superstars brought to the main roster before they were "ready for prime time" - it quickly become apparent that they're totally green and their characters are damaged to the point where they're never taken seriously.
All i have to say is, if Sin Cara and Awesome Kong are the first two actions taken by Triple H, then he's doing a damn fine job so far!

Not only are they great talents, but i loved the way they were both introduced aswell. It was kind of old school, and i thought the Awesome Kong promo from Monday's RAW was, well.... Awesome!!

It seems like Triple H really wants to take WWE in some different directions. Sin Cara is a unique talent, that bypassed development, adding a new element to the wrestling in WWE. And as for Awesome Kong, that is a step that i NEVER would have seen WWE taking, at least not under Vince. You know how he can be about judging by appearances :p

So far i think it has to be said, love him or hate him, Triple H is making some positive waves in WWE in his new position.

viLky

ykLiv
I hope Triple H brings back gimmicks and adds more wrestlers that are not generic looking. I was never really a fan of those real life personas, I always liked the whimsical and fantasy gimmicks. =D

While I still dislike Triple H A LOT, I do give him props for Sin Cara and Awesome Kong.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree, bring back the gimmicks into wrestling. At least TNA tries to do that... lol.

The Sin Cara and Kong acquisitions are great, but the momentum has to keep churning. It is hard to see where this train is going, but it is.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
And as for Awesome Kong, that is a step that i NEVER would have seen WWE taking, at least not under Vince. You know how he can be about judging by appearances :p
See, I agree with this 100%. Vince probably never would've signed Awesome Kong because she's not a size -0. That's one of the reasons why the women's division pretty much blows.

I think Trips is doing a great job as a booker. He's already signed two really popular wrestlers within less than two months, so that's actually pretty good. And I think he's got about 16 years of experiance under his belt to know what the fans really want. From what I see so far, I get the feeling he'll do fine.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Triple H has a lot of passion for the Wrestling business, and in recents months it seems like he enjoys more working backstage then actually wrestling. He knows a lot about the business, because he's picked Vince's head. I agree with his old-school philosophy. I enjoy more a couple of promo's before the debut of a wrestler, it leaves you anticipating the debut a bit more.

Should be interesting to see who are the next studs he'll go for, possibly a few guys from ROH.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off I hope the over the top gimmicks stay the hell away. Do you guys remember when gimmicks ran the show? It was during the time frame when the WWE almost went bankrupt and experienced it's lowest point in history. We don't need anymore Repo Men or Duke the Dumpster Droese's running around haha

Anyway, I like the way Triple H thinks! This is the way it should be done. Sign the most talented people, build them up and then debut. Sounds good.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
First off I hope the over the top gimmicks stay the hell away. Do you guys remember when gimmicks ran the show? It was during the time frame when the WWE almost went bankrupt and experienced it's lowest point in history. We don't need anymore Repo Men or Duke the Dumpster Droese's running around haha
Well I didn't mean too many. Just a few noticeable gimmicks would be nice. The "real life" wrestling feel does not fit "sports entertainment" that WWE is putting out now.