• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tried uBid?

karenlyn

Registered Member
Hello out there. :) I was wondering if anybody out there has used uBid? I've heard some good things about them, but have been using eBay for so long that it's hard to make a change. Any input? Is it worth giving a try?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
uBid is a very attractive alternative to eBay. They are growing quickly as one of the biggest US based auction sites, and have almost anything you can think of for sale. They don't charge you fees to list your items either. :)

uBid also has a better screening process before people can sell, so this means that it's a lot safer community for everyone. :)

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.
I'm gonna look into them and see if the things I sell will do better there.

I looked at it yesterday and they don't have all that much in the way of comics, toys and movie props department. :-/

Melos

Registered Member
Does anyone have any reports on the sell-through-rate of listed auctions? They do have a lot of everything there, and it is worth a look , but I'm curious as to what percetage of their auctions end in a sale.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow that's a very interesting chart karenlyn. Thanks for posting that!:)

I've been to all of the sites in the top 6 there but haven't heard of any of the others. :D

Melos

Registered Member
That is a really good chart. I'm definately going to be going and trying uBid when I get back into auctions soon.

uBid_UCM

<b>uBid.com</b>
Wanted to reply to your sell-through rate question. We have very low sell through rates in certain areas we are trying to grow and very high sell through in our most popular categories (consumer electronics and computers). We are trying to grow our smaller categories (collectibles, apparel, hardware, music movies and game, etc..) to increase the customers visiting uBid to search for these types of products. Right now, overall our sell through rate averages at around 20%. But, with no listing fees and our relist tool continuing to post an unsold item is a breeze!
-Kate P. UCM Marketing

katharina

Registered Member
I looked online but couldn't find uBid's sell-through rate. I would also really like to know this!

I did find, however, a website listing the top 20 auction sites on the net.
Auction Top 20: The pick of the best auction sites on the Net
Wow, thank you for posting that, it looks like a great list and I plan to look at it closely. Since I stopped liking eBay as much, I've really wanted some alternatives and this looks fantastic!