• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tried TaxBrain and was pleased

krazyk3399

Hey all--

I posted a few weeks ago about the tax season and how I wasn't going to let it get away from me this year. Well, I jumped on it and tried out TaxBrain and I have to say I was really pleased. I did my return last Tuesday and on Thursday morning, my tax return moolah was sitting pretty in my checking account.

On another board we'd been discussing how we were going to file this year. I've tried TaxCut and TurboTax in the past but I think I am a new devotee of TaxBrain. They have online chat which I utilized to the fullest (thanks, Judy!) and they actually helped me deduct more than I would have had I done it on my own. Just a suggestion for those of you who haven't yet filed!:nod: :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I pay an accountant to file my taxes. I still have to come up with all of my deductions though so I like the idea of having TaxBrain give me ideas for things to deduct. How does that part work and how much does the program cost?

krazyk3399

TaxBrain actually ended up being free for me this year because I found a site that was offering a rebate of the same amount I paid $19.95. It's not letting me include the url because I have posted less than fifteen times, but I found the deal through google.

As far as the deductions go, as soon as that part came around, I started chatting with their live chat lady. She just asked questions like, "Did you have to buy anything new for your home office this year"---I had actually forgotten that I had bought a new work chair--an extra $900 I got to deduct :nod: