Trial set for NBA player

Discussion in 'NBA' started by scottmcgrady, May 31, 2006.

1. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

A Cook County judge set a summer trial date today for Celtics guard Tony Allen, who allegedly was involved in a fight that escalated into a shooting outside a Chicago restaurant last year.

Criminal Court Judge James Linn set an Aug. 14 trial date for Allen. The basketball player, who was not present for today's hearing, is free on $150,000 bond.

The former Crane High School star has pleaded not guilty to three counts of aggravated battery stemming from an Aug. 29, 2005 fight.

Prosecutors allege that Allen punched a man in the face and broke his left eye socket outside the White Palace Grill, at Canal Street and Roosevelt Road on the city's Near West Side. Another man was shot in the left arm and left side.

Police have said Allen is not suspected in the shooting. His attorneys have denied the player was part of the brawl.

The aggravated battery charge, upon conviction, carries a maximum sentence of 5 years in prison.

Are you happy he go out of it and did you think he had something to do with it? Its never good to see any NBA player in jail because it gives the NBA and the player a bad reputation.
    Read it all here

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I remember hearing about this last year. I don't really know if he did it or not, but if police says he's not really a suspect then I don't think he will get in much trouble, but just hearing about this kinda of stuff give the NBA a bad rep even if he wasn't that involve.