• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trey Gowdy's greatest hits

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Just a thread to chronicle Try Gowdy's greatest takedowns. There's about one a week and it just brightens my day every time I see one.

Video #1: Trey Gowdy vs. Dr. Gruber. Dr. Gruber is the ACA guy that went around the country yucking it up over how stupid Americans are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46iFb7C4Yo

dDave

V.I.P.
This one isn't in a committee but it's probably my favorite Trey Gowdy moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzZT9gW5gp8

That's his best moment ever. He plainly calls out Obama and the Democrats. Everything Gowdy states is 100% sound and 100% fact.

He is an expert in the law and I think the liberals are afraid of him (even if they won't admit it).

Last edited:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
What's this guy think he's doing?! Making glib and inappropriate comments is my gig! :D

Seriously though, I think it's sad how this fellow with Ph.D. next to his name can only parrot an apology stating that he was trying to make himself sound smarter than he was and that his comments were "inexcusable". If that's the case, there's no point in him trying to make excuses or apologies now is there? There are a number of ways one could go from that point, including just admitting that you're an ass and adding "so su me!" :) He should fire his script writer. I could cook up a more convincing and politically acceptable apology with one hemisphere tied behind my brain. Ph.D... Pfft!

- Cham

P.S. Regarding the second video, a rousing and inspiring speech to be sure, truthful and poignant and utterly worthless. Nothing will change, regardless of how many Hollywood movie speeches are given in the house. I say again, it's not meant to change. It's not in the script. But I really liked this part of the movie. Time for some popcorn.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
That's so awesome. I love the way he clearly cares about what he's saying. Why can't we have more reps like him?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
This is one of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFpam0IMbc

Gowdy addressing the IRS jackasses that were throwing lavish parties on taxpayer money.

The guy is destined for something greater.

This speech was made when? What's changed since then?

... See my point?

I stumbled upon this video while skimming YouTube for more Gowdy vidz.
Now THIS guy should be America's next POTUS!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9wO-HlAdrE

It'll never happen, but I can't help but wish for someone of this character to somehow slip past the barriers and end up in power. The companies that own the US gov't would never let it happen. Look what they did when Gore had a shot. If you don't agree to maintain the status quo, you don't have a chance at the big chair. That's just how it is.

- Chameleon

dDave

V.I.P.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1w5s0WwjFc

Ouch. :lol:

Seriously. Trey Gowdy took a crap on Koskinen there.

I don't understand how people can get into the room with him and lie through their teeth like that and get away with it.

As it turns out, Gowdy is an expert in the law and Koskinen is now. Who is Koskinen to say that nothing illegal happened?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This speech was made when? What's changed since then?

... See my point?

I stumbled upon this video while skimming YouTube for more Gowdy vidz.
Now THIS guy should be America's next POTUS!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9wO-HlAdrE

It'll never happen, but I can't help but wish for someone of this character to somehow slip past the barriers and end up in power. The companies that own the US gov't would never let it happen. Look what they did when Gore had a shot. If you don't agree to maintain the status quo, you don't have a chance at the big chair. That's just how it is.

- Chameleon
I disagree that it did no good. Gowdy was on the IRS because they spent millions on parties while the rest of are struggling to make it. I haven't seen an IG report since then that the IRS is throwing lavish parties. Unfortunately, no body is going to get punished for what happened, that only happens in the private sector. But going forward things like this are important.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Politics & Law 31
Babe_Ruth Birthdays 14
Bliss Bathroom Wall 38
ysabel Birthdays 20
Vidic15 Music 11