• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This guy has only made 3 appearances on the Daily Show and pretty much unknown here in the US but he sounds talented. He speaks 6 different languages, impressive. I'll be looking forward to seeing him. Hope he does the show justice. I know he will have his own style but I hope its similar to Stewart.

South African comic Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as ‘Daily Show’ host

Thoughts?

Stego

Registered Member
For me, it's like asking Alfred to take over for Batman. I'm seriously let down to the point where I don't think I'll keep watching, and I've been watching since the very first episode ever aired. Trevor is great in his own right; he's polished, insightful, and steady. He's not Jon though. Had Oliver stuck around and took over the show, I'd be tickled pink. I've seen a bunch of Trevor's standup routines and he's certainly got his own strong style. I suppose the Daily Show was going to change eventually, but I would actually prefer they shutdown the show entirely with Jon leaving and open the space up for a new show entirely. Oliver's Last Week Tonight is absolutely a worthy Daily Show spinoff, but it's weekly, and The Nightly Show only makes me chuckle mildly but leaves me feeling hollow because there's not much insight with Larry Wilmore.

I'm sad. = (

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Didn't it change when Stewart took it over. Anyone is going to add their own style to it. Never know it might be good. I'll give it a chance but if I don't like it I doubt I'll keep watching.

Stego

Registered Member
True, but it was only three years in and had barely developed its character. It's been 16 years of Jon, I suppose it just became synonymous with him.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a sample of what you can expect from him.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
To some of you, my response might be obvious, since he is from my country - Represent!!! But yes, I adore Trevor Noah. It's not that obvious either, as I either dislike most local comedians, or at best find them mildly amusing. Trevor is on another level.

I've seen a few of his stand up shows live and he is just brilliant. And to get himself to where he is now? Wow. I am seriously impressed and can't wait to follow what I trust will be his success.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Movies & TV 2
Merc Music 1
S NBA 0
Millz Wrestling 15
Fresh NBA 5