• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trestman to Interview for 'The U' job

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
For you non-Canadian's, Marc Trestman (head coach of Montreal) is on the short list for the head coach of Miami and is being interviewed in North Carolina for the job.

Trestman is a great coach IMO and deserves a chance at a major program.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't really know anything about him, but I did see this on ESPN tonight. Does he have any ties to Miami? Seems strange that they would be looking to the CFL if he didn't have some connection to the program.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He graduated from the Law program at The University. I hate the Als, but I would love to see him get a chance to coach The "U" just to see how he does. He's a great coach, and would be good for the program in my opinion. Right now he's the top candidate for the vacancy.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He would be a good fit for The U, but with Muschamp coming to Florida... new coaches galore!

BigBob

Registered Member
Temple's coach Al Golden is close to a deal with Miami so expect him to sign within the next week or two.

Temple's Al Golden has been offered the Miami coaching job and is expected to accept it, but the deal has not been finalized yet, a source confirmed on Sunday.

The 41-year-old Golden spent five seasons at Temple, transforming the Owls from a program that was 1-11 in his first season to winning 19 games in his past two seasons at the Philadelphia school.

He would succeed Randy Shannon, who was fired after the Hurricanes (7-5) finished with a loss to South Florida.

The Owls went 8-4 this season, beating a Connecticut team that is headed for a BCS bowl by two touchdowns. They were not invited to a bowl game.

Temple was 0-11 the year before Golden arrived. In 2009 he led the Owls to their first bowl game in 30 years. He also presided over a dramatic improvement in the program's Academic Progress Rating -- one Golden and the school have previously called the greatest turnaround in the NCAA's APR era.