• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tressel and Ohio State could be in trouble

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally believe he's going to step down(President probably asked him to do so.)

This could be huge for the Buckeyes in so many ways, they could face a lot of consequences(Bowl ban, tv ban, significant loss of scholarships, ect.)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
ESPN just said the consequences of Tressel not reporting his knowledge of the memorabilia sale would be termination and the loss of all of their wins from last season. Ouch.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm sure you're all waiting to hear my thoughts on this, but I will wait for the press conference later before making any assumptions, accusations, or predictions. There aren't really any facts to go off of yet. For now I'll just say I'm disappointed that they're in the news again and I hope the truth comes out one way or another, whatever it is. And I also hope this doesn't become a distraction to the basketball team somehow. I find the timing of these stories to be very suspect sometimes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure you're all waiting to hear my thoughts on this, but I will wait for the press conference later before making any assumptions, accusations, or predictions. There aren't really any facts to go off of yet. For now I'll just say I'm disappointed that they're in the news again and I hope the truth comes out one way or another, whatever it is. And I also hope this doesn't become a distraction to the basketball team somehow. I find the timing of these stories to be very suspect sometimes.
I agree, who knows how much information Yahoo really has. But on the other hand they might be waiting to see what the Buckeyes say tonight during their press conference.

If they deny the whole thing, and then Yahoo comes out and says they have proof that he knew something then they might be even in more trouble. They have to choose their words wisely tonight.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
You know, as much as I hate Ohio State (and I do) I would rather we beat them on the field. Tressel is a real football coach and OSU has an awesome program under his direction.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.