• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trent Richardson traded to Colts.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have a link, saw it on Sportcentre on my Facebook.

I cannot believe this. The Cleveland organization is such a joke. And, for only a first round pick - which will probably a late one.

Personally, for me, it's just even better for my fantasy league because now, Trent Richardson will be featured in a much more solid offense than the Browns'. Richardson immediately takes Ahmad Bradshaw's spot as #1 RB and I'm pretty sure that Richardson is thrilled to play on the same team than Andrew Luck.

And meanwhile, Browns' fans are praying for Willis McGahee and Brian Hoyer to do well on Sunday. Ouch.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
While Richardson is averaging 3.5 yards per carry, it's not like there was much talent around him that stretched the field. Defenses could put 7 and 8 guys up front to stop him.

With the Colts, defenses have a much better passing game that they have to defend, which can open up more holes for him.

That's why the trade is mind boggling to me.

Only plus for the Browns is this; They now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year to get a good quarterback, in what should be an extremely deep draft for QBs (Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Murray, Manziel, McCarron).

Nateborg2

As a fan of two of the three Cleveland teams (Indians & Cavs but I do pay attention to the browns since I love Cleveland) since I'm a Cowboys fan, I just cant believe this happened. The fans of Cleveland are one of the best in the country. They remain loyal to their teams even through the nightmare seasons they have year in and year out. This is just heartbreaking to the city. T-Rich was a fan favorite from the start and their only hope of winning was through him and now its all gone. You wouldn't believe how crazy twitter was from the fans that I follow on there. They were demanding season tickets back and all kinds of things. I'm not even a Browns fan but those fans deserve a winner. They've gone through so much over the years and I'm surprised Cle even has a football team. Its just sad in general. But what a heck of a acquisition for the Colts. They get the running back they needed and now are looking even better as a team overall. Hope TRich has a hell of a career with them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Colts now have a heavy-duty running back (and the OC is from the Harbaugh group at Stanford, so you know they want to pound the ball). I see it as the difference between eight wins and maybe 10 or 11.

Immediate Super Bowl contender? Not yet.

1staz8

i honestly dont understand this trade by the Browns. i mean i guess their stock pilling picks but theres no guarantee they become any good. just giving up on a guy after 18 games is ridiculous. on the other side i absolutely love this trade for the Colts. they now have the 1st and 3rd picks from last years draft and have a QB, RB duo who can become really good.

Sabby

Do you see why Modell moved the original Browns to Baltimore? Jesus this new ownership is such a joke. This is a goldmine for fantasy players, I'd snatch him up immediately