Treats

Do you give your pet treats?

• Total voters

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Do you ever give your pets treats? Why or why not?

I do. My cat likes them, and they are a good way of finding him by shaking the bag :)

... But also because I like him.

I give my wabbit treats but I don't think she appriciates them very much :lol:

Aside from her regular food, I go out and give her extras every now and again. She always gets them on her birthday (yeah, sad I know) and at christmas, because my grandma buys them for her as a 'present.'

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
We give our cats treats.

Usually if they have been good, and also at Christmas because as Bex said it's like giving them a little present. :D Also because we like them and want to treat them now and again. :)

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I always give my dog treats.. They get a rawhide every day, then get chicken strips a couple of times a day.. and a "cookie" every once and a while.. they don't like those nearly as much as the chicken...

I only feed my dogs twice a day, so this keeps them happy through out the day.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I give my hamster a treat every couple of days. We also give him raisins and wooden shapes to gnaw on. :)
He's a good boy (apart from when he bit me) so he deserves lots of rewards. Plus when I look at him I just want to spoil him because he's so cute.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I like to give my dog a treat every few days, not for any real reason apart from I like my dog :)

My cat gets a treat, something different from her usual dry food like chicken or yogurt that is healthy. Lol She only gets a treat when she performs a trick I taught her.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do also. I like to sneak up to my dogs while they are sleeping and put a treat right in front of their noses. They will usually sleep for a bit longer and then they will start sniffing and probably think they are dreaming about a treat :)lol:) and then after a few seconds they wake up and realize their dream came true and they quickly eat it and look around confused. :lol:

Good clean harmless fun at 3:30am. :D

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I do also. I like to sneak up to my dogs while they are sleeping and put a treat right in front of their noses. They will usually sleep for a bit longer and then they will start sniffing and probably think they are dreaming about a treat :)lol:) and then after a few seconds they wake up and realize their dream came true and they quickly eat it and look around confused. :lol:

Good clean harmless fun at 3:30am. :D
Ya I can't do that. My cat can hear the treat bag from a mile away. As soon as it so much as crinkles a bit, he is awake and coming over.

Bananas

Endangered Species
My dog gets a lot of treats.

He often gets a beef rib from the butcher and occasionaly I will make a liver&garlic cake(if you have a dog this is a must, they love it!), he also gets regular doggy biscuits, markies, hides and other treats.

I think it is an important part of bonding between an owner and their pet.