Treadmill much?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by AngelsPeak, Apr 30, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

When I got home from work yesterday, I felt like doing some sort of exercise, but since I had already been out that morning, running outside the house was not an option.
    Instead, I decided to try out an old friend...the treadmill. The first 20 minutes were pretty much a joke, I didn't even break a sweat on the "fat-burn" selection, so I moved it up to aerobics..better...much better.
    35 minutes later and I'm thinking "not bad" so I go ahead and change the incline. So, now I'm not only running fast, but going uphill as well...Holy hell..the friggin treadmill kicked my ass.:lol:
    I just wonder how many others use indoor equipment instead of going outside? It's not something I enjoy a lot, but I can see how the change in routine will be beneficial...especially considering how sore I am today.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You ran for an hour or more? Impressive.

I don't have a treadmill, but if I did I think I'd only use it in the winter or on a rainy day. I'd rather work out outside.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Not really when you consider the treadmill does half the work for you. I've been on it for 2 hours before and didn't get half the work-out I feel like I get outside.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

You gotta jack up the speed on it. I get on the treadmill about 5 days a week running and walking. Yesterday I ran for 2 miles and then walked for 3 in a hour. I usually don't stay on it longer than that because I also use the elliptical, stairmaster and rowing machines.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Did you read the first post?:)

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Ya but that incline is gonna kill your knees trying to run.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

It's the only thing that gave me much of a work-out..I actually had to slow the speed down after about 10 minutes of incline.:shifteyes:

8. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I know what a treadmill looks like.

Seriously, I am the worse person in the world at exercising. If I have a point (like cheer practice) I do great, but just to work out to work out sucks. There is actually an indoor rock climbing place I've wanted to check out but haven't yet. Something like that I could get into and do regularly for exercise cause it's actually fun, and eventually, when I got good enough, I could rock climb in the real world.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You should definitely get into rock climbing. There's an indoor climbing gym around here that I used to go to once or twice a week with my friends back in high school. It's a great workout.

10. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I've done it before, just not ever regularly.