• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Travelling Your Own Country

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Australia recently started a new Tourism campaign, of which the aim was to get more people from overseas visiting out country. I watched the new advertisement that came with it and gee, it worked on me. I love to travel, and I want to travel to as many different countries as I can, but there's still so much more to explore right here in Australia too, I haven't even been to all of the states yet.

What about you guys? Do you prefer to travel to other countries overseas, or is there still a lot of travelling and exploring left to do in your own country? Or do you even prefer to stay in your own country rather than visiting others?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I would rather visit other countries while I can than Australia because I live here and it's not the same. I've pretty much seen everything you can see in Australia apart from Coober Pedy and that's what I really want to visit.

the_wanderer

Registered Member
I want to visit all the major U.S. cities, then when I have better travel skills start going overseas again. Went to Japan a couple years back and it was amazing sightseeing and culture, but I'm kanji-illiterate so understood little of what was going on. :)

England is my next overseas pick, but I need to gather more ideas before going. What do people do for fun over there?

dobzy

Registered Member
My family would only travel throughout the US growing up, so because of that I have only been to two other countries. In time, I know that will change, since there are so many places I'd like to visit. My #1 place I'd like to visit is Latvia.

I have to say, I do love traveling throughout the US. There are so many places to see here! :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I much prefer travelling other countries, because I just feel there's more to see, but I wouldn't mind visiting other provinces in Canada. I've never been out of Ontario(The province I live in) when it comes to visiting places in Canada. But, for the first time in a few weeks I'll be going to Newfoundland which will be pretty exciting. I've heard great things about the place. Also, it's going to be a shit shot(lots of drinking) so I'm really looking forward to that, too.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I think partly because Britain is such a small country I have never really thought about travelling to other areas as a holiday, it just doesn't feel like it but I am coming around to the idea. A few months ago I went away with my parents to an area I have never been to before and if were not for them I would probably have never gone but it was actually a really nice area and would go again.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I love England. There are heaps of places to go. You can jump on a train and go anywhere really. There's still so much of it I wish to see.
Personally I love the seaside so I have spent a lot of time in Skegness. I just love how cheesy it is there. It's cheap and you can go there for a day trip or a short holiday if you wish.
I also love Devon and Hastings. Next on my list is Brighton. Never been but it looks awesome.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been in several states in the US but there is so much more to see. I would like to go back to Yellowstone because the first time I was there I didn't get to see as much of it I would of liked. I would also like to go to the west coast, never made it quite that far.

I would also like to see Canada and Alaska. I've always wanted to go as far north as possible in a car and would like to see The Yukon, Yellowknife, glaciers and places like that.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've driven all over America and some of Canada. Its harder to do now because of the gas prices and I'm so thankful I did it when I could. There's still much much more I'd like to see in America and hope to do that in the next decade. I've been overseas, but just don't have the same desire to see the rest of the world as I do the States.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Although I enjoy visiting other nations, I've been seeing my own country, the U.S., a lot more over the last couple of years.

The areas in America that I enjoy visiting the most are areas in which I may decide to move to one day, such as Delaware and Virginia.