Traveling...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iggyshotthebear, May 13, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

My children and I will be traveling to see Gramma and Bampa in two weeks.
    The problem we're having is deciding which is the cheapest most effective way to go.

We took the train a year ago and it was an exhausting trip.

Im checking priceline.com now for airfare but am curious to know what other sites people have used for great deals...

We will be flying from MSY to TLH or MCO. Cheapest I've found so far for an adult and 2 kids is 494 a ticket... eeeks!

2. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Where are you going traveling from/to (I can't figure out the abbreviations, sorry)? If you're wanting to fly, try www.airtran.com. When I first flew down from Wisconsin to Florida, they were cheaper than train or Greyhound. There's also Expedia or Orbitz you could check out.

3. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

I thought kids fly free with American Airlines?

4. iggyshotthebear

MSY = New Orleans International Airport (Departure)

MCO = Orlando International Airport (Possible Arrival)

TLH = Tallahassee Regional Airport (Possible Arrival)

Checkin out the airtran site now.. Thanks :)

5. Mina

Mina Registered Member

You can also check the airlines themselves, alot of times they have deals that arn't advertised anywhere else...

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Only if you're under 2, and with a parent, and I believe you also have to sit on the parent's lap. If you want a car seat, then you have to pay for the seat.

You're thinking holiday inn .. under 12 stay free LOL.

7. iggyshotthebear

:( My babies havent been 2 and under for a while *sigh*... s'ok though... just makin up an auction to cover travel costs LOL

8. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

I buy tickets on expedia.com. Just bought for me and my daughter to fly to south dakota. I bought 14 days in advance (exactly 14) for $435 ea. THe next day (13 days in advance) the SAME exact flight - $808.76 ea.
    Buy early!!

9. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

When we planned on going to Florida I searched for a van to rent for the trip.
    Only cost us 400 dollars unlimited miles. We put over 5000 miles on it...LOL
    Only catch is you have to rent it from their site & look for the deals.
    http://www.thrifty.com/specials/deals.aspx

10. iggyshotthebear

Thanks Mary :) At the moment the entire trip is pending... due to cash flow of course lol