Traveling...

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
My children and I will be traveling to see Gramma and Bampa in two weeks.
The problem we're having is deciding which is the cheapest most effective way to go.

We took the train a year ago and it was an exhausting trip.

Im checking priceline.com now for airfare but am curious to know what other sites people have used for great deals...

We will be flying from MSY to TLH or MCO. Cheapest I've found so far for an adult and 2 kids is 494 a ticket... eeeks!

Julie

Registered Member
Where are you going traveling from/to (I can't figure out the abbreviations, sorry)? If you're wanting to fly, try www.airtran.com. When I first flew down from Wisconsin to Florida, they were cheaper than train or Greyhound. There's also Expedia or Orbitz you could check out.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
tonyspoker said:
Where are you going traveling from/to (I can't figure out the abbreviations, sorry)? If you're wanting to fly, try www.airtran.com. When I first flew down from Wisconsin to Florida, they were cheaper than train or Greyhound. There's also Expedia or Orbitz you could check out.

MSY = New Orleans International Airport (Departure)

MCO = Orlando International Airport (Possible Arrival)

TLH = Tallahassee Regional Airport (Possible Arrival)

Checkin out the airtran site now.. Thanks :)

Mina

Registered Member
You can also check the airlines themselves, alot of times they have deals that arn't advertised anywhere else...

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
helpisontheway said:
I thought kids fly free with American Airlines?
Only if you're under 2, and with a parent, and I believe you also have to sit on the parent's lap. If you want a car seat, then you have to pay for the seat.

You're thinking holiday inn .. under 12 stay free LOL.

momtobrenna

Registered Member
I buy tickets on expedia.com. Just bought for me and my daughter to fly to south dakota. I bought 14 days in advance (exactly 14) for $435 ea. THe next day (13 days in advance) the SAME exact flight - $808.76 ea.
Buy early!!