• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Travel Safety These Days

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
With all the crap going on around the world, are there certain places or countries you wouldn't be nervous traveling to? If so, which ones?

What common sense things do you do to stay aware of your surroundings when in a new place?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
New Zealand maybe? haha
Anywhere, you have to be careful because there are stupid people everywhere.
I remember when I went to Egypt it was a week after somewhere, they cut off the head of a French dude. Travel advisory said "do not travel to Egypt" but I've reserved stuff already and we will have a private guide who assured us that we won't go to risky places - no backpacking across isolated desert nor traveling in buses w/ other tourists (seems to be an easy target too). Same when I went to Greece - it was when they were having some big protests and banks closed. I was alone, but didn't feel unsafe. You have to really look at your itinerary, don't draw attention, always have emergency #s handy.‎

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if there is any country totally safe anymore but some are far worse than others. Don't think I would worry much about being in Canada.

About the main thing I do when in a strange place is be aware of those around me and try not to stand out.