• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Travel Plans for 2011

Impact

V.I.P.
Imp's annual travel plan thread :lol:

So, where are GFers planning on going this year?

I know a couple of you are planning big trips, and i'm looking forward to meeting a certain Canadian member when she comes across the pond. I really don't have anything planned this year. Usually I have an idea of somewhere I want to go, but i'm saving my pennies for a big year of travel in 2012. I do have family travelling across the globe to see me in May though, so i'll be doing some mini trips within England with them.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well right off the bat (this Friday exactly) I am going on a Western Caribbean cruise for a week before I go back to school for the second semester. Other than that I have none made so far.

shelgarr

Registered Member
This is a big trip year for us. We do family reunion cruises every 2 years (although we join in only every 4 years because of the enormous expense taking a family of four) and in June this cruise goes to Burmuda from New York. It'll be fabulous. My uncle is in the travel business in Louisiana and he, his wife, their friends, my mom, dad, sis, 2 nephews, their wives, all go. We can invite any friends we want.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't know how I can top my 2010 travels (6 countries). But maybe I will! I guess it's one of the perks of having time to travel since my separation. :lol:

Plan this year is to Manila in August. The tickets are extremely expensive though - 900euros so far. I see some promotions but I have to book with two different companies and I could get myself stuck in Kuala Lumpur.

I have vacations coming up in Feb and April before the summer. My couchsurfing friends are looking into taking a trip to Eastern Europe countries but nothing defined yet. A trip to Italy is more feasible next month because a girl I know is keen on doing it and it is also one of my 3 ny resolutions that I made. However I'm torn between being lost in Italy or visiting my bestfriend in New York because they have a big promotion on fares right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Me and my friends try to plan something every year, there's going to be less of us in 2011, but we started to look at different destinations. I want to go somewhere you can surf, my friend is really good at it and I want to try it out. Right now we're looking at a place in Costa Rica, it's pretty sweet, five minutes from a popular beach.

We plan going for a week sometime in the summer. I'm excited.

Puck

Registered Member
Imp's annual travel plan thread :lol:

So, where are GFers planning on going this year?

I know a couple of you are planning big trips, and i'm looking forward to meeting a certain Canadian member when she comes across the pond. I really don't have anything planned this year. Usually I have an idea of somewhere I want to go, but i'm saving my pennies for a big year of travel in 2012. I do have family travelling across the globe to see me in May though, so i'll be doing some mini trips within England with them.
I'm pretty sure I will sex you good for this.

But srsly, my plan this year is more realistic and 100% more doable than what I tried planning last year. Across the pond for a month in April. Other than that, possibly a few trips to the States, but nothing too exciting. Trying to keep it low key this year so I can see SA again next year!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Big travel plans for me this year! :lol: I leave for America in February and plan to do as much traveling as I can during the months I am there. First stop is Chicago and then off to New Orleans. Nothing else is set in stone yet, but Colorado, New York and Canada are at the top of my must go list! I'll update this thread as I make plans. ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm pretty sure I will sex you good for this.

But srsly, my plan this year is more realistic and 100% more doable than what I tried planning last year. Across the pond for a month in April. Other than that, possibly a few trips to the States, but nothing too exciting. Trying to keep it low key this year so I can see SA again next year!
Cross the channel in April too and visit moi!

NeoCaesar

Registered Member
This year I am planning a slow trip (at a rate of one day a day) into the future, I may consider circling the sun also. I'm kidding.

I'm aiming for two holidays this year: the first with my girlfriend to somewhere sunny and cheap in continental Europe; and a posh one for my benefit to either Japan or Mexico. I will need to rob a bank though... :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Travel 29
Millz Travel 4
ysabel Travel 11
ysabel Travel 9
Vidic15 Travel 24