• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Travel- August 2011

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Looks like I'll be traveling this summer after the quarter ends in August (summer quarter that is, it's six weeks starting in early July). Judging from some help on Wanderfly | Spark Your Journey (awesome site!) I think it'll be eastern Canada- probably Ottawa or Montreal. I've already been to Toronto and am in no hurry to return. Also, it has the combination of museums, culture, gambling and booze I'm looking for, plus some nice hotels and architecture.

Anybody been to either city?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you serious lol.

I actually live in Ottawa and I'm an hour an half away from Montreal. I personally prefer Montreal because of the lifestyle they have over there, but there's more to see in Ottawa. If you never been to our Parliament then you'll enjoy it. There's also a lot of good museums around here.

WarMuseum.ca - Home

Canada Aviation and Space Museum – Musée de l’aviation et de l’espace du Canada

There's also a lot of great pubs/restaurant in the Market near the Parliament.

If you have any more questions about both of these places let me know.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Wow that website is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking of places to go this summer too. Right now the most interesting for me is a cruise from TX that goes to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel Mexico. It sounds a dream come true (I haven't been to any of those places). But I don't have the budget I had last year when I went to Mexico via LA. Maybe this website will help me find similar stuff within my budget.

I haven't been to either of those Canadian cities.