• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Transocean Celebrates Exemplary Safety Record with Huge Bonuses for Executives

qweerblue

Registered Member
So, with the aid of mathematical formulas and an absolute disregard for the appalling, Transocean, the company responsible for the Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 people and devastated the Gulf of Mexico--the worst oil spill in history--awarded its executives with millions of dollars in bonuses for logging what they're calling their "best year ever in safety performance".

This goes on the list of things I find unacceptable and indefensible. So, how about it? Is this just another feature of capitalism that can be rationally explained and defended? I'm sure someone is dying to explain to me how, revolting as it is, it's perfectly reasonable and acceptable, for some capitalistic reason or another. "Yeah, I don't like it either, but see, with capitalism ..."

Or someone will argue that it would impinge on freedom, somehow, to challenge such behavior.

Anyway. I'm pissed. And disheartened. And no, I don't know what I'd do, even if I were "in charge"--I just know that this is wrong.

Anyone care to weigh in? Enlighten me? Explain it to me? Wallow in despair with me?

Transocean hails ‘best year’ in safety, gives execs bonuses, despite Gulf spill | The Raw Story

Transocean Execs Get Bonuses after ‘Best Year in Safety,’ Despite Gulf Oil Disaster - Jeff McMahon - The Ingenuity of the Commons - Forbes

Transocean?s best year in safety performance? - The Corporate Library Blog

Last edited: