Trail Running

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Mirage, May 28, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you ever gone trail running? I did some today and almost rolled my ankle a few times. I came close but luckily I caught myself in time.

I got some new shoes lately that are more geared towards trail running and it definitely helped my time and speed. I was used to having blisters by the time I was done but this time I ended up feeling fine by the end of the run.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

nope never ran a trail :hah: I hate running as I've stated many many times here. That and most the territory I like to hike on is pretty complicated to walk on as it is. I couldnt imagine taking the risk of running on it.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I used to always trail run, granted that was for baseball we'd have to run this trail everyday. Ahh the rolled ankles we got. *strolls down memory lane*

Nah I actually enjoy it a lot more than just running. Normally it's a lot more relaxing.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't particularly enjoy trail running, I just don't find it as relaxing as the track for some reason, my shins always hurt and I know that I'm not giving it my best effort on a trail because of the risk factor of hurting your ankle, tripping, and of course the everlasting shin splints. :(

I had to do a ton of trail running for Cross Country.

I prefer to run on a track, I find that my shins don't hurt as much, and I can push myself harder for longer.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

No, I haven't. When I ran, I used the regular tracks. Do you run alone, Hybrix?

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Not usually. I sometimes run in groups and will get ahead of the others but I don't like running completely alone because if I trip and get hurt that would be a problem if I was by myself. It's pretty easy to trip if you don't look at the ground for just a few seconds.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I've never enjoyed trail running, it puts a lot of stress on my ankles and knees. I've always preferred to stick to tracks.