• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Traffic Violation Cams

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Have you ever been caught by one? Did you receive a ticket in the mail? How long did it take you to receive said ticket in the mail, if you did?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I wondered about it...because I was late for work one morning and blatantly ran a red light. I tried to stop, but ended up in the middle of the intersection, so I just kept going.

It was weeks ago, but I'm still scared I'm going to get a notice in the mail. LOL

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never been caught so far. I thought I would once since I went through a red light, but it was accidental, the light was suppose to turn green and it changed last second so I went through thinking it was green.

There installing these more and more every month now.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Never been caught so far because traffic cameras don't exist over here.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
There's not a lot of Traffic Violation cams where me and BR live but there's one of them on a major intersection, and it's the only traffic light that I'll never run a yellow because if I do I can expect a nice little fine in the mail. Saying all that I've never been caught because I know where all of them are so I always drive with caution around them, but I've seen people driving ahead of me getting their picture taken for running the light lol.

BigBob

Registered Member
In Pennsylvania, there's one on every corner. I don't know anyone who's ever gotten caught by one. They're used around here to warn people of how bad the roads are.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, in the Dallas area...they are on almost every single intersection. I have seen one take photos of violators before...but I have no idea if I got caught or not.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
No I've never been caught by them. And the funny thing now that I think about it... I've never ever heard of anyone that I know of ever being caught by one.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know how I feel about them to be honest. The obvious "big brother" concept comes to mind but then again, it would definitely keep people honest since cops can't be everywhere. I've never seen a traffic cam either.